In a flare and itching.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granny1353, Apr 29, 2006.

1. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

my hands are itching from the wrist down and both legs around the ankle. I think it is from the fm cause it is on both sides of body but I don't know what to do for it. Have been taking benedryl and it helps a bit but no cure.

Any suggestions?

My back has been killing me, which is not from the fm, but none the less hurts like crazy. So tired of being in bed but can only sit for short periods.

Hope you have suggestions for the itching
    Love
    Granny
  2. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Granny,
    Only the hands? And the ankles.Alergies,pills,soaps???
    I know I get itching all over my body,usually at night it is the worse,but get it during the days.
    There was a post on here awhile ago where someone had asked if anyone else had itching problems.And there were quite a few who did.
    We have put some of it to this DD.But it could be something else there for you.
    Probably would be a good idea to see your dr.

hugs
    jordane
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Gosh, I hate that. I itch a lot too sometimes from pain killers most of the time from FM...I hate it.I even have all these lil bloody scabs all over from scratching in my sleep. The only thing that helps me is GoldBond max. strength lotion and after a shower or tub the GoldBond powder. I asked my crappy docs and they said to use OTC stuff and that brand is the best I have found.
  4. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

I just wanted to let you know that I too am having the itching in my hands and ankles. I don't know what is causing it but I wanted to let you know that someone else is going through that too.

Take care,
    Sherri
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

For me itching has been part of this illness from the start - I use to use a soothing body lotion with tea tree (can't use it with the Guai).

Hope you find something helpful Granny. Why does your back hurt if not from the fibro? Have you tried a mempry foam mattress topper?
  6. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Granni,

I itch too...I have found relief from Aveeno's anti- itch Concentrated lotion. It is intented for poison ivy, chicken pox,etc. It is a pink lotion but it does rub in...as opposed to calamine or something. I use it daily and it has really helped out.

I hope you find something that works for you...if these ideas on the board don't help, persue an allergist. Maybe they can help you out. Good luck !

jenni
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I itch sometimes like crazy. Mostly around my feet, legs, and ankles. I will rub alcohol on the places that itch real bad. It stops it immediately.

Kriket
  8. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

everyone for the suggestions, I will certainly try them.

Smiffy..my back hurts from spinal stenosis, 2 bulging disc, degenerative disc, and being overweight. I've had back problems for 30 years, had back surgery 29 years ago for a herniated disc. So I take pain meds regularly for that, not alot usually 3 darvoncet a day sometimes more sometimes less.

Thanks for asking and for all the replies
    Granny