In a flare? How many days to recover?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Peace77, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Peace77

Peace77 New Member

I am in a flare after just walking around the park and then the next day around my house. I applied ice and boy was that a mistake. The next day I used heat and the next morning I felt the end was in sight. I think taking two days off normal activities is a pretty good response, but there are people in my life who do not understand the pain and CF.

Do any of you deal with people who don't understand? I've heard it said you don't know what a person with FM and CF deal with unless you have it. Grantite I've been laying around a lot and could not walk my dog for two days but when you wake up and can't move, even in bed, you're in a bad flare. It took me two hrs. to straighten up after 2 ultram. Need encouragement.
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I'm still new to FM myself but I will send you positive thoughts and a very gentle hug.

I'm sorry your not feeling well ~ hope you are feeling better soon.

gentle hugs for you,

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well...I hope you are feeling better soon:)

I've had a flair last a couple of days and I've had flares that last a couple of weeks or longer. I guess it all depends on what our wacky bodies decide.

I just try not to push to do too much, too fast...though thats not really possible is it??

My last flare had me in the doctors office in my jammies and I wouldn't let her touch me anywhere. It was a major flare and I was in such pain I couldn't stand it.

Just listen to your body and take care of yourself.