In a funk! A bad one!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by robin, Aug 6, 2002.

1. robin

robin New Member

Looking for a Charlie brown type AWWWRRGGGHH
    with a big mouth to scream out my funk!
    depression to anyone reading this who
    doesn't know "funk". I wanna go to bed
    and never wake up again. I'm already taking
    too many pills for other ailments to go for
    anti-depressant. Geez.how many pills has a
    person gotta take before adding another??!!

I tell you truly. I am posting this and don't
    know why. Brain scrambled, sick of life,
    and would put in some choice words here but
    why add a sewer mouth to a nice site. I am
    ticked! And mad! I wanna kick the earth from
    here to the other side of solar system and tell
    God off! oH that's a good one! Me, telling God
    off......yup....I've lost my mind.

funky Robin :>(
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I feel like I want to reach out and give you a big hug! I'm so sorry you are having such a bad time. We question God and wander why me and that is a normal human response to our pain and suffering. God does not want us to suffer, but He wants us to trust Him through it. Robin, I know you have had depression, and you are not taking medication for it but are taking other meds. I hope you can find a good Dr. who can help you find an antidepressant you can take without interfering with the other meds you are on.
    Do you have a Pastor you can talk to and confide in? I would recommend finding one you feel comfortable with.
    God is faithful, Robin, and I know when you feel like you are feeling you think God has abandoned you. But He has not. He is waiting with open arms for you to depend on Him.
    He loves you and does want to help you. I know you know that, but we all need to be reminded over and over, esp. when we are feeling down. We are here to help you too. I am here to listen anytime. I will be praying for you!

Love and Hugs,
    Harmony

[This Message was Edited on 08/06/2002]
  3. robin

robin New Member

thanks Harmony...geez to feel lifted and normal
    again. Will ask for that shortly when I go to bed.
    I hate being down! Threatens what little mind i
    have left!

Robin
  4. totteacher

totteacher New Member

I hope things look a little brighter today. If not, re-read what Harmony wrote. I have had to learn that God doesn't bail us out of troubles but He goes through them with us. If it makes you feel any better yell at God, too. He is big enough to understand your frustration and anger and sorrow. When I'm down on the bottom next time and groaning, do me a favor and remind me of what I just said!! I'm so good to trust God when things go well but when heavy-duty trouble comes, I need people to remind me He cares and is there for me. A big (((((hug)))))to you!! Prayers that you will find some help.

Totteacher

P.S. I loved the big Argh!!!! One of my favorite expressions of frustration.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Than never Robin! I just got on the board today, been very busy around here for the last two days.

Will offer a prayer for you, even though you said you are feeling better today.

I have been 'mad' at God many times, and always feel like a 'rat fink' after I get over it and realize He is always beside me!

You take care and God's blessings go out to you.

Shalom, Shirl