In a FUNK...help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dogtired, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Dogtired

Dogtired New Member

I feel like a balloon with the air leaking out...I have had energy and good mood for about 2 weeks, but feel it seeping away and can't seem to stop it. This morning I woke up so depressed and just can't seem to shake it. I feel very disappointed in my friends and family. Feel very alone. What do you all do to make yourselves feel better? (Nothing appeals today and I have been doing WAY too much "retail therapy" lately $$$). Thanks for listening. This site gives me some hope.
    -Kristi
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are having a bad day. Gee I had one yesterday so can relate to how you feel.

Don't let people/family/friends get you down, believe me they just don't have a clue how we feel. They try, but no one can understand unless they feel the pain, and all the other symptoms we have.

I have been there with the 'retail therapy' too! Why do we buy things when we are in a funk????? I have had that under control for a few years now, but it is tempting at times of stress :)

Do you like to read? a good book and a hot cup of tea always helps me, or if I am up to it a nice walk will help, just pay attention to your surroundings, like the birds, flowers, and the sky. That always lifts my spirits.

Take care, and I do hope you feel better soon.

Shalom, Shirl

3. averilpam

averilpam New Member

you have all my sympathy, as I'm having a bad day too today.
    My fatigue the last few weeks is so awful I haven't even been able to manage a spot of retail therapy (I tried but felt so sick I had to just come home!)

I've taken my dog for two short walks today, and that helps a lot - at least while I'm out - I just have to keep reminding myself I'll have better days. The depression comes and goes and the negative feelings and feelings of isolation are horrid aren't they.

I agree having friends here on this site helps a lot too.
    hope your mood and energy improve again soon
    love Pam
  4. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

HANG IN THERE, as the saying goes, this shall to pass! I have felt the same way during different times, i have came to realize it does pass. I guess during those times, i have felt nothing cheers me up, except a close friend, or my brother who can make me laugh at any given moment. How about an old "I love Lucy" show. I watch her when i am down. Maybe writing a letter to no one, but just on how you feel and what you want. Put it in a book and read it in a week or so, and you will realize it does pass. Hang in there, we all luv you here! mamafrey
  5. Dogtired

Dogtired New Member

You people are wonderful!
    Thanks so much to each of you who took the time to write to me, and so quickly, too.
    Luckily the day got better as it wore on, but it was quite a struggle. This message board has been such a blessing to me and I have only been here for about a week!
    My massage therapist called me out of the blue and wondered how I was, she is very intuitive, so I plan to treat myself to her healing touch tomorrow.
    It's weird, sometimes I just forget all my tools for taking care of myself and go in a downward spiral. This venue is so wonderful because often I dread making phone calls (it drains me so much!), but somehow writing isn't so tedious. And, it makes all the difference talking to people who really 'get it', I am so sick of trying to EXPLAIN myself!!!
    Anyhow, thanks for making such a difference in my day - I hope to be able to return the favor and bolster you up on your down days.
    Warmly,
    Kristi :)
  6. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I don't know if you believe in any higher power but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hate to sound like all those bad docs out there, but all of us can get depressed at times. Being exhausted and in pain can get to us. I have used therapy to help me cope and it has been a God send. I do not want to take antidepressants. For the most part, I'm not depressed, certainly not clinically depressed.

If this were a constant condition, I would suspect depression, but if it is on and off, it's probably just a reaction to the pain and fatigue. Our illnesses and our moods are up and down with these illnesses. Therapy can offer alternatives to shopping and other quick fixes which don't work in the long run.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]