In awful flare 1st bad one

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Apr 30, 2007.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I feel awful!!@!!! We drove for 3 hrs. to go to our grandson's college grad. He is so special - graduated Suma Cum laude in Biomedical Science. We stayed in room and watched it ion TV.

The next day after a family breakdfast, we drove for 3 hrs. home - this time with only 1 potty stop.

By the time I got things put away, etc., (house had gotten hot) I was in a brainfog!!! Haardly knew what I was doing. I wore prescription sun glasses but driving into the sun hurt my eyes!!! I could hardly stand. Hubby didn't want supper and I couldn't dp it so the onlhy meal I had was breakfast!!! I ate a fesw cookies but that didn't help.

Toopd a shower whichu did a luittle. Finally went gto bed and got up oK But......ran the dishwasher and did 3 kloads of clothes - some were the kind I had tyo spot, etc.

Fixed TVs for noon but it got hot - 85 and we keep our wall furnace in familhy room as far down as we can til we are certain the cold is over,

Now I hurt, I am sweating so much but am chilling. MKy styomach feels lousy, and my back hurts so much.

So much for venting.

Thanks,

joan
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi lilaclover - Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Congratulations on your grandson's graduation.

Take it easy a few days and get some rest.

P.S. I see you are in Indiana. My hubby is from Indiana too and we have family up there.

(((((Sending you Gentle Hugs)))))
    Carolin
  3. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

Yup, sounds like you overdid it. We live and learn; it takes time for each of us to gauge how much activity is manageable...and how much isn't.

A few things to try, to help ease your flareup:

- hot bath with epsom salts and hydrogen peroxide...do a search on this board for the exact proportions of each. This takes the aches and deep pain away when nothing else helps me.

- a simple diet for the next couple of days, to give you a rest from cooking AND to help your body. Nourishing soups, eggs, simple sandwiches, raw veggies with dip, salad, fruit. Try to keep away from sugar and starchy carbs. For me, sugar increases my pain levels significantly.

- heating pad or "rice socks" heated in the microwave. Sometimes, alternating heat and cold is helpful.

- rest, rest, rest! But, also try to take a short walk daily, even if it's just around the block.

- and, water, water, water. Flush out those toxins. (Now that you're close to your own bathroom! lol)

Hope you find some relief soon. Sounds like your trip was well worth it and very satisfying, no matter what the cost. Your grandson will remember always that you were there!!!

Feel better soon....wishing you well, nature
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I also am in bad one today I was in one yesterday also. And I worked today and I have to meet a deadline with this work I am doing so I am taking a break to write this before I get back to work. I have a heating pad on my back as I was chilled and I am laying in bed. I feel so sick and I don't want to work tonight. I am self employed and I don't want to loose my clients so I have to work tonight. I also am soooo tired. Sorry, I know this is about you and not me but I just want you to know that I do know how you feel. Lay down for awhile or soak in the bathtub. Play a little music that sometimes helps me. Hope you come out of your bout soon.
  5. clerty

clerty New Member

yip sorry I know how your feeling with my kidney in fection and 3 day stey in hospital with stress I am sore also and my stomach is playing up due to all the mediaction they gave me so I I lying of the sofa all day watching TV you shpuld to !!!

Clertyx