In bed all day!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CAgirl, Jan 19, 2003.

1. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

I've had a really bad day today. I woke up with the right side of my neck in intense pain. The pain is also in the corner of my eye. I got up and took my pain medicince, got some ice a went back to bed. I've been doing that all day. I finally got up at 6pm and felt a little better. I am trying to make dinner and fold laundry. I will be the first to admit that I am grouchy and emotional. My husband and I started to have words. He asks me why I'm being mean to him. I tell him that I DON'T FEEL GOOD, THAT I'VE BEEN IN PAIN ALL DAY. Well, he says you don't have to take it out on me. I repeat I DON'T FEEL GOOD. He says why should I stay married to you? He says, lets see our daughter will be 18 in eight years then I'm out of here. I said why wait why don't you just leave now. I'm so tired of having to deal with him and his unwillingness to even try to understand what I'm going through.
    I really hate my life and I am so tired of dealing with this pain and all the things that go with it.
    Thanks for listening.
    Laura
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Sounds like an awful Day!!
    It doesn't help either when having one of those days to have more stressors thrown at you. Try to be like a duck and just let the water roll off---getting into arguements and their like--just increase the pain and malaise.

Don't over do tonite--see if you can get to bed early, maybe after a nice warm, relaxing bath. Try to just pamper yourself, for now, and get a good nights rest.

I hope tomorrow is a better day!
    Soft Hugs,
    LL
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are having a bad day, or days. It happens to all of us.

A hard lesson we have to learn is that no one but someone who has these illnesses can understand how much pain we are really in. Its next to impossible for them to understand.

Give youself a little time, I am afraid we need the husbands, even if they make us mad enought to punch them out now and them!

Take care, rest and I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

Thank you for responding. I don't feel much better today. At least my husband left on his business trip. This pain is eating away at me. I don't think I would even want to be married to me. I'm sick all the time. It's such a drag! I'm scared it's never going to be better than this and it's so hard for me to keep going with this level of pain. I come to this board every day and it is the only thing that makes me feel better. At least I'm not alone.
  5. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Sounds like we have alot in common. Last week I was in bed Mon-Wed. I couldn't get up! Thursday was my birthday and I woke up to yelling from Joe that he can't take this anymore. "GET UP" he yelled! I have an 11 & 9 yr old son and daughter that Joe has raised most of their lives. Their father split long time ago. I recently took the plunge and moved into Joes house with the kids. We aren't married by law but we spent 8 yrs together. I hate this disease and what it has done. I can't work and am still in the SSDI process. Until that is settled I have no money and no where to go so I have to do what it takes to keep peace with him even if it means I have to kiss his a**. I have 9 more years until both of my children will be 18 and legal adults. After that time I hope God puts me out of my misery. I don't have the guts to do it myself. My children will always need their mom, I know cause I lost both parents before I was 30. I want to feel like the old me so I can be the old me. I pray everyday that a cure is found or that I wake up and realize that this was only a nightmare that lasted 5 years. Sorry I babbled on your post. I have never been so candid about my situation on the boards before. Something in your post hit home and triggered my response. Take Care Laura. Keep peace. Think positive cause tomorrow is another day and we won't let things get any worse.
    Ciao 4 Now
    Sandy
  6. evileva

evileva New Member

Why are men like that? They are complete babies when they are sick with a cold! It would be nice if our spouses could feel what we go through for about a week then I doubt if we would have any problem with them. My husband and I are currently separated because of my illness and the fact that I can't work. So instead of a little support he decided it was time to get rid of me. I don't know about you gals but I am still trying to figure out what happened to: for better or worse, for richer or poorer and in sickness and in health. I guess that wedding vows don't mean s*** anymore. Hang in there Laura, I know how you feel.
    Eva