In horrible pain....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Sep 18, 2002.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I had a 7 hour seminar today for HIV/AIDS that is required by my new state for licensure as a nurse. The instructor gave us a break every 1.5-2 hours and an hour for lunch. By 4PM I was in sooooo much pain & continue to be. The Naprosyn hasn't helped a bit, nor has the Tiger balm on my knees, which has turned into a nightly ritual. That crazy leg thing going every night. Good seminar, but too long for this FMS body.....hope to sleep tonight.

My hubby is so good. He knew that I'd have a horrible time today with anxiety. I have horrible anxiety attacks when I feel that I'm lost. Well, Seattle is horrible to drive around in. Nothing is marked appropriately. My mapquest had incorrect information. I don't think Mapquest knows which streets are one ways, ect. I took a Traxene first thing this AM, 4:30AM and another @ 8:30AM while I was lost in Seattle. I had to pull over & have my sweet hubby take over. Then, after he got me to where I was going, (and he has NO sense of direction!), he waited in the car in the parking lot for me all day. I had the breaks & lunch hour with him. I'm so lucky to have a guy like him. He's asleep now. I wish I was. I've been up for 19 hours and I have insomnia, yet I'm physically and mentally exhausted! I slept for 4 hours last night. Why am I not asleep? I came on-line because of the Crazy Legs going on...

Hope tomorrow is better.
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I had a 7 hour seminar today for HIV/AIDS that is required by my new state for licensure as a nurse. The instructor gave us a break every 1.5-2 hours and an hour for lunch. By 4PM I was in sooooo much pain & continue to be. The Naprosyn hasn't helped a bit, nor has the Tiger balm on my knees, which has turned into a nightly ritual. That crazy leg thing going every night. Good seminar, but too long for this FMS body.....hope to sleep tonight.

My hubby is so good. He knew that I'd have a horrible time today with anxiety. I have horrible anxiety attacks when I feel that I'm lost. Well, Seattle is horrible to drive around in. Nothing is marked appropriately. My mapquest had incorrect information. I don't think Mapquest knows which streets are one ways, ect. I took a Traxene first thing this AM, 4:30AM and another @ 8:30AM while I was lost in Seattle. I had to pull over & have my sweet hubby take over. Then, after he got me to where I was going, (and he has NO sense of direction!), he waited in the car in the parking lot for me all day. I had the breaks & lunch hour with him. I'm so lucky to have a guy like him. He's asleep now. I wish I was. I've been up for 19 hours and I have insomnia, yet I'm physically and mentally exhausted! I slept for 4 hours last night. Why am I not asleep? I came on-line because of the Crazy Legs going on...

Hope tomorrow is better.
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Does taking a hot bath with salts help you at all. What about tomorrow will your doc give you meds that are bit stronger for those bad days. My hands are starting to feel it but, if you want I'll keep you company. It's 3:09 here and I just never can sleep at night. Gee what happens to my CFS part at night it's so hard during the day. I hope you can find something to help now. I just found out I have Carpal tunnel. Well, at least I know whay they hurt.

I have been finding all these new people on here today. Do you feel up to writing them to.

Well, I'm here for you if you want to talk, Kim
  4. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I see you're from the east coast area....I was from Massachusetts until moving our here to the beautiful, breathtaking state of Washington! Massachusetts was very beautiful also, in other ways. The weather is more moderate all year round here though. Not the harsh winters any longer or the hot, hot humid summers.
    My hands are also killing me. I had that right wrist surgery in April and the right shoulder surgery in March, so, I'm still sore, especially with two moves in <8 weeks time. A total of 5000 miles I drove! Thanks for the company. dolsgirl
  5. selma

selma New Member

as you know. You need to see a Rheumatologist.
    I've been prescribed Ambian, but have tried to get off it.
    It works tho. And I'm going to take some soon. I'm also in pain. Others have used Neurontin for Restless leg etc, and find it very helpful. Do a search here if you want while you're up. My hubby is an angel too.
    If you have an antihistamine that would help you sleep tonight. I'm a nurse too. So I know that you know meds..
    Naprosyn usually only takes the edge off. If you have X strength Tylenol take 2. Good for me to remember now too.

Good Luck, Love, Selma (going to sleep)

6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

has all his disability insurance. I am trying to talk him into moving somewhere more modertate. Two moves ouch! Yep I found out on Tuesday I have that and first time for this one hemroids to with blood clots and the ouside kind that the doc sid if it happens again or doesn't get better he wants me to have surgey. I say why wait I want it gone and a 3rd mid line hurnia just below the sternum. I say take care of both. You just gotta luagh at all these things. I guess I never should have told the doc 5 weeks ago that I never had hemroids. I know better.

Your husband is so kind and you must be one special lady.

Kim
  7. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Selma,

I took 75mg of Benedryl at 8PM, didn't work tonight & my eyes are dry & my nasal passages, so I don't want to do anymore tonight.

I'd love to have a script of Ambien for one week to get me on course. It took me 3 weeks to have two nights of regular sleep, sort of, when I moved here. Then, I was up all night on the computer doing something that absolutely HAD to be done & my sleep has been all messed up again. I thought I would just zone out tonight because of how tired/exhausted I am, but it wasn't to be.

Hoping for some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dolsgirl
  8. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

The doc won't do both the hernia and the hemorrhoids in the same procedure, as the hemorrhoids are considered a 'dirty' area that they wouldn't want in the same room with a new hernia repair! I'd suggest you do the hernia repair first, it's an easier recovery than from the hemorrhoids. Ouch! It hurts just thinking of that! I used to work with a surgeon that I called 'The A_ _ man, because we did so many hemorrhoid bandings in the office! He would laugh! Then Seinfeld had that show where Kramer has that license plate! LOL! Too funny! Your hemorrhoids are hanging on the outside though and I think you'll need general anesthesia for that. It can be REALLY painful for them when they're done in the office setting. Some patients would really insist that the doc I worked with do it, as they were terrified of hospitals. He would tell them what he thought they should do. Most would still want to do it in the office & all but one had alot of pain. The bandings shouldn't hurt. When they're outside, it probably would. Hope you feel better. Really ((((gentle hugs)))) dolsgirl
  9. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

said not for the outside ones. He said I would have it done in the surgey ceter or in hospital and out in the afternoon and with epidural. Had one once and it didn't work. I like the idea of being awake.

Darn, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone. When I lived in New York I had to have board permission to have 3 procedures done on an out patent bases. I had and embilical hernis repair and cystoscopy with stretching and a D & C. Then 6 weeks later Gallbladder and because I begged the apendix out. That was in 85 and the old style open you up. I just can't seem to escape all these things. Thank you for your knowledge. I look like a patch work quilt front and back. I always wounder if this stuff is some how related to FMS or the CFS.
    Gosh, I hate that when the Benadryl doesn't work, Some nights yes, others not. I wounder why. Well.

I tried Synota(sp) and had an allergic reaction. The doc dosen't want to try anything else. I don't know why. What specialty are you in? Med/Surg?

Kim
  10. jigglinjello

jigglinjello New Member

Did you move to Seattle? I used to live in a little town called Snohomish, that is north of there. I want to move back there so bad. I believe that God truly blessed the Pacific Northwest.
    Except for the traffic there. They have a terrible situation on there hands. My son worked for Intel that was south of Tacoma and even though he lived close it took him almost two hours to get to work.
    Seattle is one place you don't want to have to commute.
    You have a wonderful husband. I wonder sometimes if my husband is disappointed in how our lives turned out? Ten years ago, I never would have thought I'd be disabled and homebound 24/7 ..... I'm glad my children are grown so they don't have to see me this way.
    If you do live in that area, enjoy it for me. Okay?

Oh, by the way, I took Ambien for 3 years, nightly for I could not sleep without it.....then this past year, I started this hypersomnia, where I can't stay awake. One day I just stopped taking it, no withdrawal or nothing. I think the docs are wrong about it being so addictive. I also found that if I ate a snack when I took the ambien pill, it worked like a charm and I never had to increase the dose.
    I pray for a painfree weekend for you.....and some sleep.
    JJ
  11. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Thanks for the conversation. Hope you get some rest/sleep amd reduction in that terrible pain.

Take care. Kim
  12. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I'm over the Silverdale/Bremerton way. Love it here! My nephew lives in Federal Way and it took us an HOUR to get there from Seattle today maybe even and hour and a half. It was ridiculous! Where our ferry comes and goes, via Bainbridge Island, was closed @ 5PM, gate shut and everything! So, we just got on the highway & got home just a little longer than it would have taken had we gotten the ferry. We had to get home, we had 3 dogs that went 13 hours without an accident in the house. I couldn't have done that! They did ransack the trash though. We didn't care. We were just happy they were able to wait for us to get home! Thanks you guys for helping get through part of this long night to be....((((Hugs)))) dolsgirl
  13. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i am an ultrasound technologist and went to a 3 day seminar in Orlando two weeks ago and am still paying for it. 3 days of 9 hour classes at those uncomfortable banquet tables, a lousy mattress, hours iwth layovers and flight delays-when I got up not the first day after but the 2nd day was not able to move and that is when I realized something was real wrong with my knee was the size of a football keeping me up with pain.

I am out of work, actually fired because I had too many occurances and have ad time to rest and really realize just how beat and exhausted I am-the continual push will get you sooner than later.

Get some rest and pat your hubby on the back-he sounds like a good man. I know that loss of direction confusion when you are driving-sometimes I make a wrong turn and have ended up nt making baby showers,doctor apts etc because of that lost and confused feeling-it sux!

hang in there

cathy
  14. teach6

teach6 New Member

I think you might want to consider taking something to relieve your restless legs, which could also resolve you sleep problems. I take Klonopin and it has been like a miracle.

For over a year I was sleep deprived and miserable. I tried Tylenol PM for a while, then Sonata, which was only good for 4 hours. Then Ambien which sometimes let me sleep a bit longer and finally a combo of Ambien and Xanax.

I'm off that now and take Klonopin and it's so great to wake up feeling like I've really rested instead of tossing and turning all night.

Good luck to you in resolving this problem.

Barbara
  15. LynneH

LynneH New Member

Just wanted to say hello to you. I'm on Bainbridge...moved out here two years ago from Chico Way. ( Moved to Washington in 1990 from Rhode Island) I empathize with your Seattle trip...that place can make you nuts when you don't know the streets. Lots of one-ways to make life easier. lol
    Anyway, welcome to Washington.

LynneH