IN MAJOR FLARE yesterday and TODAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by turtis, Aug 21, 2003.

1. turtis

turtis New Member

my meds dont seem to work when i am flaring . does anybody have any ideas on how to feel better. i have no transprotation to get to the store but ANY idea will be appriciated

Kurt
  2. momskelleySON

momskelleySON New Member

I don't know if the drs. would agree, but my mom tries to knock herself out.

she takes sleeping pills, clonzapem, and seraquiel. Keeps her a little bit comfortable sometimes she adds a pain killer. But i would check with tour dr or pharmacist to make sure that the combination you take won't hurt you.
    mom has been taken strong medicines for so long, that she has built up a tolerance, so not much bothers her, and she takes pretty strong doses of everything.
    Again,check with your dr. so you don't over medicate.

hope you feel good soon

Jose.
  3. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

I know exactly how you feel, I have many sleepless nights from flares and pay for it durning day light hours because I didn't get any healing rest.

I have found the following very helpful in times like yours. A cup or two of mint tea or camomile tea to help calm down. Fresh catnip tea is a good sedative also. I know tea seems like a kind of a wonkie suggestion, but taking more medication is not the answer, you don't want to over do it. If you are vomitting try ginger fresh or ginger powder in a cup of hot water or you can eat fresh ginger on its own (it is spicy). It is a God sent. It really works and fast too!

I also use relaxation CDs, like soothing music, self hypnosis or self healing. I use them every night/day and they help take your mind off of the pain.

Tiger Balm rubbed into sore muscles also helps, exspecially on the back of my neck.

Try and minimize your tasks and save energy for things that must be done

Hope this Helps and that you are feeling better real soon. Oh make sure to drink lots of water.

Rachel

4. suz41

suz41 New Member

Kurt:

Sorry to hear that your in a terrible flare, We are all so different in what works. I use meditation and verrrrry mild gentle stretching so not to add to the stiffness. If you are able try taking a lavender or epsom dalts bath the wwarm water may help with tight muscles and the lavender allows the body to relax. Do you have any friends or relatives that could help with basic stuff, maybe run to the food store for you? Its really important to try to keep up with nutrition. I agree with the other post about soothing music that might help you fall asleep or at least rest a bit. I also use deep breathing to help oxygenate my body which slows down my racing brain and lowers my pulse. Hope this info is a bit helpful, keep us posted on how you are doing. You will come through this flare. Gentle Hugs

Suz
  5. turtis

turtis New Member

all of your suggestions are great adn i will follow them. i do have a friend that can get me the lavender and other stuff but she is going through marretal problems but i will see her tommorow and ask her to get some for me.

i thank the Lord for friends like you guys and your gentle hugs !

love KURT
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am sorry you are having such a bad time of it. My suggestion won't help you right now, but it is one I picked up from Shirl, I think! LOL

My husband bought me a heated mattress pad today. I am getting ready to go use it now. It's GREAT. Although, it doesn't take the pain away, it does make my body feel better.

Jim found one in a sale bin at Sears, for only $27.99. It was originally $200 plus. The one I had ordered was from Penney's and it was sixty dollars w/o dual control and seventy with dual.

Wish I could do or say something more to help you get through this flare. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be kind to yourself.....

Gentle Hugs,

Kim