In need of a good Rheumy in New Orleans, La.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cookie3, May 12, 2006.

1. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

Anyone know of a good Rheumy in the New Orleans area. I am not very happy with my present one and would really appreciate some new names of doctors. Thanks!
  2. megchampagne

megchampagne New Member

Hey, cookie3!

Wow, a fellow New Orleanian!!

I go see Dr. Merlin Wilson on Napolean. He is extremely knowledgeable and his nursing staff is fabulous. They are a great group of people.

Who are you seeing now? It would be ironic if you WERE seeing Dr. Wilson... Haha!

- Meg
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I am now seeing Dr. Salvato in Houston, and I was researching some of her research and various things and ran across this web site in regards to physicians who treat FM and I cannot vouch for the site, but Dr. Salvato is listed.

My friend said that she had asked around and a doc at a group in Baton Rouge had been mentioned, but she was seeing if I had any resources.

I looked up the Lousiana docs and there are a few listed, and the one she had been told of in a group in Baton Rouge was there, with a few others.

I have absolutely no knowledge other than this, but you might be able to check with the group with the website and check it out.

It is MED-HELP.COM & MED-HELP.NET and purports to be a Christian non profit organization.

Sometimes, I am quite leary of anything claiming to be a Christian organization, as so many hide behind the title for alterior motives.

It could be they are legit.
  4. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

Dear Meg,
    I am currently seeing Dr. Julio Bravo over on Houma Blvd. in Metairie. He is just not too agressive. I wanted to keep my options open. I hope everything is ok with you and yours after the storm. Take care and thanks for the info.
  5. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I posted a question to Shirl, as I saw on her profile that she was from N.O. I also was looking for a doctor in the area. I'm from southern Mississippi. I am just beginning my search for someone with alot of experiance with cfs. I am willing to go all the way to Baton Rouge if nessecary. Good to meet you girls!
  6. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member