In need of encouragement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaZoe, Apr 23, 2006.

1. MamaZoe

MamaZoe New Member

I have been reviewing this board for almost two weeks now. I have my up an down days and this board has been a real encouragement for me on my down days. I started to feel better last week and was hoping I was finishing a very bad cycle when....I got hit with the flue. Other than the bad cycle I have been going through the last 3 months, I have managed to avoid getting sick. I hurt so bad right now. It's like the FM pain along with the flu aches, pains, fever, etc. I need to get back to work! My boss has been so supportive up until now. In fact, she has been my major supporter for 3 years now and has helped me in many ways. Our company is growing and I am really needed now and we had our heart-to-heart talk last week and I assured her that I was feeling better, etc. and now this. I know I should worry right now and just relax and let my body get better. The worry will only make things worse. But, how do you shift your focus like that? Any words of encouragement?
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

If you push yourself to get to work sooner than you should, you will only make the situation worse. This too shall pass.

Relax and go take a nice long soak in the tub.
  3. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I don't really have much encouragement for you, sorry about that. But I would like to say just hang in there. If your boss has been your major supporter for 3 years, don't you think she'll understand that the flu has now hit you? It's going around here as well.

At any rate, I do hope you get better soon.

Gentle Hugs,
    Skye
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

As hard as it may be, I think you need to explain to your boss that with FMS, we are all on a roller coaster. Good days and bad days. Of course this is not good for your job and it must be hard for your boss never knowing if you will be there or not.

I checked your profile, but see you don't have it filled out. Are you single or married? If you have a partner who is working, any way you can ask your boss for another position within the company that has fewer responsibilities and fewer hours? When you say to your boss that you're better, you may be giving the wrong impression of FMS. Just because you feel better one week, as you know, FMS is very unpredictable and how you feel can change day-by-day or even hour-by-hour. If this won't work, maybe another job? Is there any way you could possibly do some of the work at home?

I'm sorry if this doesn't sound encouraging, but just trying to give you some ideas. I still work, but am fortunate that I was able to cut my hours to part-time. I work M-F half days. There is no way I can work full-time anymore.

Ellen
  5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I agree with the others,just try to get your body past this hurdle. And you may have to work less days.You know how much your body can take.

Relax,Rest, Pamper Yourself!!
    You deserve it!!

Jordane
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaZoe:
    Just relax. Maybe you have been hit by the flu......or you are having a major flare. I would not tell the boss about the flu, just that you MIGHT be flaring up again and that you need a little more time to break this cycle. And if it is the flu, you just bought yourself a little more rest time.

nyrofan
  7. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

when you are sick. Im praying this will pass. Im glad you have an understanding boss, most here do not.

Suzette
  8. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

& relax you need to calm down if you have a bath runn the water & put some relaxing radox bubble bath in the water.
    You will feel all comforted & it is a great feeling.
    May god bless you & yours.
    fibrolady37.
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

& relax you need to calm down if you have a bath runn the water & put some relaxing radox bubble bath in the water.
    You will feel all comforted & it is a great feeling.
    May god bless you & yours.
    fibrolady37.
  10. MamaZoe

MamaZoe New Member

Thanks everyone for your time and words of support. I was able to take a nice long nap and at least I feel rested a bit. My husband just came home and checked on me and he will be preparing super....thank goodness. I am still dealing with the body aches and chills. Still haven't been able to sweat out the fever, but that will come. It sure does help to hear others tell me it is ok to only worry about myself and let the outside wait until I feel better. Thanks, again.
    Blessings,
    Mama Zoe