IN NEED OF MORE ENERGY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elfiee, Jan 30, 2007.

1. elfiee

elfiee New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1998. For the most part, I was doing fairly well but not for the past year. Not only has the pain increased but I am always tired and have missed work. I have tried Provigil and Ritalin and did not do well on them. I would like to hear back from you as to what "energy meds" or for a better word "stimulates" you can recommend.

I thank you in advance for your input. Regards. Elfie
  2. JonAnne

JonAnne New Member

Elfie,
    I am in remission now, but have had CFIDS for 13 years and there is ONE THING I SWEAR BY. Spirutein powder. I make shakes with it. Vanilla is best. Within 30 minutes, I feel better- I know that sounds corny, but it's so true that my PHARMACIST husband swears by it for fatigue. Anne
  3. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I ge tired too soon but I guess mine comes from pain. i hurt trying to get morning things done, then I go for coffee and gain some pep. By afternoon, i am tired!!!

This "thing' that we are all on, com[puter, does pep me up, reading all youtr stories.

joan
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Your basic energy, ATP, starts in the cell's mitochondria. These are their food:

magnesium (glycinate, taurate or malate or easily absorbed)
    coq10 (oil based get cap easily absorbed)
    d ribose
    acetyl l carnitine (more easily absorbed than carnitine)
    nadh

I take these every morning before anything else and they work remarkably well.

For the whole article about how and why they work:

http://www.cfids-cab.org/MESA/DrMyhill-373.pdf

Some of these subtances are found in food and some the body makes itself. Our broken bodies aren't making everything they should, so I have to get some stuff out of a bottle.

Make sure you aren't eating a bunch of garbage that will sap you off all your energy. Most of us have a hard time with wheat and dairy. Search for "food intolerance" for more info on those. And, of course, junk foods and sodas and such are not allowed, either!

good luck,

karen