In need of TLC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tjhoesch, Aug 27, 2003.

1. tjhoesch

tjhoesch New Member

I had a really tough day yesterday. I've been having car problems and no money to fix it. I am single. Is there any place besides AND($135 Mo.) that will give financial assistance? After being stuck in my broken down car for 3 1/2 hours yesterday with my 17 yr. old daughter(It was hot!), I finally got my 29 yr. old son to give us a ride home, leaving the car behind. The whole ride home all he did was yell and scream at me and made me feel like a worthless piece of &#%&! We will probably not speak to each other for a long time now, after all that was said. Anyway, while we were waiting for him to pick us up, I realized I also locked the keys in the car. Luckily, we were near a Big O Tire and one guy had a Slim Jim to open the car. After my son got there, then HIS car wouldn't start! His car finally started. He kept telling me how dependent I am on other people all the time and like I thought they owed me something. I am always so grateful when anyone helps me. He made me feel so bad that when I got home, my roommate was going to help me go tow my car home, but I told him he didn't need to, even though I really did need him. My son made me feel like I had no right to ask anyone for help. Another friend of mine said he would help me tomorrow, which is now today, and he renigged (sp?) Now I had to ask my roommate to help me if I couldn't find anyone else. I tried to get my son to read some FM material before so he would better understand it, but he refused to even do that. Sorry, this is so long. Just needed someone to understand and have compassion. Thanks! TJ
  2. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

I am so sorry for what you're going through. I'm not employed either (my son's autistic and I'm a stay at home mom), so I feel the bite of a tight belt every day. :(

(((HUG))) I really don't have any answers to help you financially, but I don't want you to think that you are not being heard and understood.