In office Cystoscope (urology)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

hey guys~
    I'm about to venture to the urologists office for my scope of the bladder. uuuggghh,..
    very nervous.
    I just want all this testing to be over!!
    Then hopefully today I'll get a DX of whatever is terrorizing my insides. I've long suspected IC, so we'll see.
    wish me luck :)
    I'm ignoring the horror stories I've heard of in office without sedation cystoscopes.
    Hopefully it won't be to bad.
    how bad can it be??
    yes,..I'm talking myself thru this.
  2. jess

jess New Member

Hi Tandy, I have had this in office. The procedure itself is not pleasant but bearable. It's after that is uncomfortable. It hurts to go for a while. It does pass though. Can you at least take something before like Xanax to relax you during the procedure? I wish you the best of luck, you will get through it . Jess
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I guess it was'nt so bad. ???
    but glad its over.

4. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi Tandy, I had one done last year. I was terrified before the procedure. The dr (a woman) was very nice and explained that the area would be made numb and I shouldn't feel any discomfort. She even let me watch the procedure on her computer while it was being done. I had no problems afterwards. She did give me samples of some meds in case I experienced any pain or spasms during urination, but I had nothing. I went by myself and was able to drive and had no complications.

Good luck to you and try not to worry. I promise it wasn't bad at all.

5. kingd2

kingd2 New Member

Hi. Tandy I have just been diagnosed with IC. My Dr. did a cysto/Hydroextension under anesthesia at the hospital. Good luck. Maybe you could get your Dr. to call in a benzo
    to help you through the procedure. I have heard it is very important to try and relax your muscles. There are some horror stories, but there are also a lot of people who do well with the prcedure. Are you taking an antipasmatic like UTA, Urelle, or pryedum (sp?)You may want to take one before if you have some.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

well its over and I'm no further ahead then before.
    cause now the doc. wants to do a cysto/w hydro under anestesia. (sp?)
    I guess everything 'looked ok'
    which is great but does'nt explain all the bladder pain I deal with. He highly suspects IC but so far everything looks ok.
    how frustrating all this is~!!

why else would I keep getting ALL the signs of UTI and blood in my urine??
    at least we've ruled out the more serious,life threatening stuff in the urinary tract.
    but its still frustrating. I again,..feel like a hypochondriac.
    thanks for your help ladies