In Our Fantasies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springlakeorphan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

If you could permanatly delete one of your major symptoms, what would it be? For me, it would be the fatigue. I think I could deal with the pain if I weren't so darned tired.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

WEAKNESS/FATIGUE.
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

its such a close call between the myriad chemical allergies that make me feel such a freak and seperated from people, and the seasonal depression, which makes me feel such a freak and seperated from people. Its a tough call, as the depression isn't all year, but its the worst thing.

Jeanne
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I think I would keep the pain and get rid of the weakness/fatigue. I agree, I could handle the pain if I wasn't so (*)@& tired all the time and if I could put one foot in front of the other more than 10 times without having to sit down!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I fantasize about being rid of the fatigue, insomnia, headaches, and post-exertional malaise.

But the symptom I would most gladly be rid of right now is my breathing difficulty/dysautonamia whenever I walk any distance or stand for any length of time.

One can dream...
  6. llama

llama New Member

If I could have my fondest wish, yeah right, it would be to rid myself of fatigue/weakness.

I know that I could on a limited basis muddle through the pain and other ailments, if I just had some ENERGY!!

Isn't it frustrating to feel the same rotten way everyday?
    I used to have maybe a good day (normal for most people) like once or twice a week, this was about 2 years ago. Well, now it's about one day a month that I actually feel some resemblence to my old self.

Hate to be buzz killer but you asked the question..hehe!
    Good luck to everyone............Jill...........
  7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Most definitely the fatique, my whole world would be back to normal! I can deal with the pain. Kim :)
  8. springlakeorphan

But the real question is what do we so to get rid of it?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]
  9. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

My fatigue has been managable except the last 2 months. I absolutley HATE the dang blasted pain I am in all the time...unrelenting for 21 years. But I really miss my brain. I haven't been able to do my checkbook in years. I did buy Quiken to help me but I have to set it up. I can't call anyone on the phone until I have my 'script' in front of me and I even include my name, address and phone number..how sick is that!! It would be nice to go onto school for something that interests me but I haven't got a brain cell left. I think ouload, I can't come up with the right word or I say a word sounding like it and so forth or I'll say something like, it's like a spoon only it has spikey things. My friends are angels and know what I mean but my dream of going on Oprah would be dashed and I couldn't say all that I mean to say cuz especially if my brain gets overloaded I can say something and then go off the branch a little and fall off and can't get back onto the tree to save my life. It's SOOO frustrating.I doubt I even convey things right to the doctors. Out of all of it it's my computer brain that I used to have that I miss the most. Even when I was busy looking for a new apartment I had my system of keeping track of it all but when it came time forme to make a potato salad and some blackbottom cupcakes I stood there and stared at it all not even knowing how to begin and I've been cooking and baking for years. Even when I tell a story or repeat what Ive read or seen on tv my little ol' brain can't put things in there rightful place so it can come out of my mouth. Frustrating to say the least!! Anyone else have this? And I am NOT depressed and the only anxiety I have is from the pain and a little money worries but I make that a game to see how frugal I can be and I've always been poor so that's not so different. I can make ends meet, I just can't afford to get sick.
  10. Callum

Callum New Member

going for a six mile run. Or getting on the stairmaster for 45 minutes. That incredible, cleansed feeling when your shirt is drenched in your sweat and you don't care... So, I guess I would say the post-exertional malaise.

Callum
  11. springlakeorphan

I read your profile and see that you've had a DD for many years. You can still remember exercisisng and all that intales.So so you think you will ever be healthy enough to relive that fantasy? Mary
  12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

springlakeorphan:

For me, I would love to get rid of the pain.

nyrofan
  13. Callum

Callum New Member

Well, I'm up to three and a half minutes on the stationary bike. Maybe in a couple years, if I'm lucky...
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  14. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

i fantisize about being able to walk without pain. no meds touch the foot pain.

i see old people walking and i think gee they dont look in pain.

im overweight and i wonder if i lost 50lbs that they wouldnt hurt.

i really want to eat healthy today ive started out good.
  15. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I choose to lose the fatigue.

Thanks

Bruinz
  16. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I can handle being housebound and lying down all day, as long as my mind is somewhere else. Reading novels is beyond me more often than not.
  17. springlakeorphan

Have you ever tried books on tapes or cds?
    I've listened in the car a few times.
    God bless and good luck. many hugs and warm fuzzies Mary
  18. maedaze

maedaze New Member

migraines and headaches.. I am sure i would be able to deal with my life without so much pain in my head..