in pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neldwn2me, Oct 5, 2005.

1. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

i have been in pain for 2 days now. i have asked the doc will they call me in a muscle relaxent and something for pain. thay never called me back. so i went to the office. talked to the nurse who begged my doc to give me something. she said no. that she wonted to see me first. she isnt in her office agin untill tuesday. I told the nurse to get me another docter. i have an appointment towmorrow. thanks just venting. this DD is killing me. its like im looking for drugs. i can get better drugs off the street than the mess that they prescrbe me. my nerves get so bad when i flare i just wont some relief. and yes just maby a good nights sleep.
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sorry you are having to go through this. I finally got pain meds in May from my family doc. Now, since 7/1/05, they don't take our insurance anymore. So, I don't know what I'm going to do next year.

We won't know what insurance options we have until November. At least I got enough pain meds to last me until next year as I don't usually take but 1 or 2 a day. He gave me 5 refills...

Because of certain meds I take, there is nothing I can take for pain, but Tylenol and that doesn't help me much.

I want to keep my family doc. I've been going there for 25 years, but I may have to change to either another doc or use my doc for out of network, which would cost quite a lot. :( This doc problem is a bummer. :(

Good luck with the other doc!

Hugs,
    Faye

3. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

It's like you are in a pain panic.It is awful! I hope tom. you get what you need to get this under control.
  4. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

I WAS DIGNOISED IN 2000. HAVE BEEN IN PAIN SINCE 1989.MY DOC LEFT TOWN. SO I WENT TO ANOTHER AND HE ASKED QUES. AND GAVE ME A PAMPLET ABOT FM AND CFS. MY OLD DOC SAID IT WAS ARTHRITIS. BUT HE WAS ALLWAYS THERE FOR ME. HE NEVER MADE ME FILL LIKE I WASNT IN PAIN OR WAS JUST AN ADDICT. HE WOULD GIVE ME WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS BEST. BUT NOTHING WORKED. NOTHING STILL DOSNT WORK. I HOPE THIS GUY WILL AT LEAST HELP ME. GOING TO REFER HIM TO THIS WEB SITE. THE CLINIC THAT I'M AT IS FOR IMMUNOLOGY STUDY. THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING. AND THE ONE'S THAT DO DONT STAY AROUND LONG. THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT AND FOR UNDERSTANDING. GOD BLESS
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You were right to get any doctor that you could see.They ahve to see you first because of the abuse of these drugs on the street.They could be in deep trouble if they weren't careful.
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I think most of us here have been in your situation. I read an article recently that said pain is the most undertreated symptom and I certainly believe it! Why people are made to suffer is beyond me. Isn't our quality of life worth something?

Anyway, good luck with your appt.

Ellen
  7. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

This is so sad! I know that doctors are under pressure to not prescribe pain meds, but if they can't find a cure for some of the things that are causing the pain, it's almost worse than being alive.

The laws about this stuff are just too strict. We should be able to sign some sort of release of liability for the pain meds. If something happens to us for having taken them, it's our own fault, but let us take them whenever we need them. Don't tie our doctors' hands. If we abuse them, it's our fault and becomes our problem, but at least we won't hurt so very badly. I understand why the system is set up the way it is, just don't agree with it.