In remission again after 6 week flare!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roro, Sep 28, 2002.

1. roro

roro New Member

I was in a flare since the middle of august. I have CFS or CFIDS and hepatitis C (the hepatitis C is not active, just chronic, my liver is healthy). This was the longest I have ever been down since 6 yrs ago. I was comtemplating disability. I even had new symptoms, painful muscles and joints, pain in my back, neck. I couldnt even walk down the street without being in terrible pain. Motrin wasnt even taking the edge off. My doctor put me on strong antioxidants, herbal antivirals, and IV vitamin C treatments. I was better in a week!
    I have been going to the gym this week and working out. I am so happy! Just wanted to share.
  2. roro

roro New Member

I was in a flare since the middle of august. I have CFS or CFIDS and hepatitis C (the hepatitis C is not active, just chronic, my liver is healthy). This was the longest I have ever been down since 6 yrs ago. I was comtemplating disability. I even had new symptoms, painful muscles and joints, pain in my back, neck. I couldnt even walk down the street without being in terrible pain. Motrin wasnt even taking the edge off. My doctor put me on strong antioxidants, herbal antivirals, and IV vitamin C treatments. I was better in a week!
    I have been going to the gym this week and working out. I am so happy! Just wanted to share.
  3. roro

roro New Member

I am going for a bike ride today!!!! A LONG one!

I copied this from another post I posted, this is what I do:

I dont take ANY medications at all, since meds cause me more problems than they help. I take vitamins and supplements. I just went through IV vitamin C treatments. I eat healthy, lowcarb, no chemicals or toxins. I exercise. [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
  4. roro

roro New Member

see, there ARE positive posts
  5. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

RORO -

What a wonderful success story. I'll bet your
    confidence has been restored.

I too, take mega supplements. Vit E, B complex,
    Omega Oils, sterols, lots of calcium (for acidosis)
    and Sea Kelp (Iodine - for hair loss/hypothryoid
    type symptoms)

My diet consists of low carb, lots of salmon,
    fish, and some chicken/beef. And of course,
    steamed veges! Trying to reduce sugar intake.
    Most difficult for me.

Glad you're tooting your horn own today. Hope
    many hear it and feel encouraged.

Peacefulness, .......... Jillian