In Remission And Lovin' Life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As most of y'all know, I was really sick from Thanksgiving until the first of the year. I've been improving and yesterday and today, I've felt fabulous. Of course, I've overdone it, but I just can't help myself. I feel alive again and enjoying life.

My daughter and grandson arrive in the morning and we are driving to Key West on Sat. to surprise my other daughter from CO on her birthday. We will show up at the pier where they celebrate sunset. I haven't been to Key West in ages. We will likely stop in South Beach for a bit as we both love it. A Cuban coffee will keep me alert for the last two hours' drive from Miami home.

I bought a little baby bouncy chair and put it together. My neighbor loaned me a Pack 'n Play for Andy to sleep in. My daughter is bringing his Baby Einstein DVD's, so we should be all set.

Our new airport has a "Cell Phone Parking Lot." I just drive there (it's right next to the terminal) and wait for my daughter to call me on my cell phone when she's ready to be picked up. I drive up to the curb and pick them up within minutes. I love it! No parking fees either. How great is that!

I'll let y'all know whether this remission lasts. I'm praying it does. Tonight is Prayer Nite and I keep everyone in my prayers. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

This is so wonderful!

You've been such a help to all of us it warms my heart to hear you are doing well.

I appreciate your patience as you worked through different protocols and never gave up.

You have been an inspiration to me.

Sandy
  3. lolee

lolee New Member

How wonderful for you!!!!

And it seems like it couldn't have come at a better time!!!

Pace yourself, but most of all know that we will all be lifting you up in prayer that this lasts!!! AND that YOU will have a wonderful time with your family!!!

Luv,

Lolee
  4. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I've been reading your posts for some time; and following with interest the different things you've tried in your quest for healing.

I'm so happy for your remission & long-awaited feelings of well-being! Have a wonderful time on your trip - it's a celebration!

All the best,

Roseblossom
  5. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

i can hear the life in your post. hope it's my turn soon. blessings to you. jen102
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You're in my prayers!Can't say more,having a rough bout lately!Linda
  7. darude

darude New Member

Oh mikie your so fine your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!! Isn't that a song? Anyway this is wonderful news. I too experienced a mini remission in the summer. Was great while it lasted. I went for daily walks one to two hours and did normal stuff. Unfortunately it's come back with full force so hoping will improve again in summer. Pray your is permanent as you have had for quite a few years I believe. Congrats
    Hugs annie the londoner
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This couldn't happen to a nicer person. You so deserve this. It is encouraging that the hard work can pay off.

Enjoy the precious time with your family.
    Kathy.
  9. sdown

sdown New Member

Glad to hear your better. Have fun on your trip. God bless you too.
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so happy for you. I`ll be thinking of you and the beautiful sunset with your new grandbaby.
  11. cupimick

cupimick Member

So glad to hear that someone is finally beating it and enjoying life and it sounds like you have so much to do with your family. I am so happy for you and hope it last and that you will have a terrific time and keep feeling great the whole year and many years after that!!!

Hugs,

Deanna
  12. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

to hear good news for you. I know you have had a lot of struggles.

Enjoy your family visit. Remember to take a daily nap & drink lots of water--might even be a good idea to pack some of your water from home.

13. Musica

Musica New Member

Mikie, you deserve it, and for a LONG time!!! How good that you are out doing things during this remission and making the most of life! With all the time and energy you have given to this board, you are entitled to a very long remission, and I pray that it happens.
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

When I was a kid and complained about something, my mother would say, "Be glad you have your health."

I didn't know what she was talking about. I thought everybody was healthy.

Boy, life is sure a lot more fun when you're feeling healthy.
  15. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have not flew for a while....first time I've heard of the
    Cell Phone Parking Lot......what a great idea and good to know!

I have been wondering if you have started collecting paint supplies yet? After I read a while back that you were going to get back to it and you liked abstracts........I sat and laughed (I have a good time with myself)..and thought of all of us as I thought....."Mikie, THE SCREAM has already been painted!"

Well you can paint a laugh, a grin, a giggle.....LOL.Anything that celebrates Mikie.......

So happy for you. Sounds like a great time also. I will pray for your continued health.......Blessings.......
  16. lease79

lease79 New Member

That's awesome news hun!! I am so glad to hear that you're doing good :D
  17. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I am SO happy for you! You deserve it girl!! You have helped me tremendously and I love to read your posts, you are so knowledgeable about everything related to CFS/FMS.

I have to say that because of this board, I am also doing really well! I have found the right combo of meds and supplements and have been able to continue to work part-time and still have time and energy to keep up the house at least at the bare minimum. I have had to adjust my thinking as to what is important and what is not. I have also become good at knowing when to sit down and rest. That was the hardest thing to learn, but I think it is a key component in managing these DD. Also, trying to keep stress levels to a minimum is another component that is important.

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Enjoy your trip!

Take care, Sally
  18. elsa

elsa New Member

So glad to hear this Mikie! I'll keep positive thoughts for a continued remission for you. You have worked long and hard for it!

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and enjoy the sunset over the beautiful Keys. I'm a tad envious of you on that note .... Could almost feel the warm salt air on my face when you mentioned them.

Thanks for letting us know .... The new ones need to know that remission is indeed possible.

Take care,

Elsa
  19. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

Long may it last.

Love Sue.
  20. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Mikie:
    It sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. I have been to Miami once and Key West once on two different trips years ago. I pray you stay in good health. And you seem to have quite a fan club here on the message board!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2006]