In respnse to your post Shirl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cpalance, Oct 29, 2002.

1. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Shirl I found this in the archives again

Cindy........................ 10/28/02 08:14 PM

I am the Moderator who is usually on at nighttime, if one of the WebMaster's are here too, I am not aware of it! But dear, I did not remove your post! Why would I ?

I did not respond as I have not used the patch, I believe it has asprin in it, and I am deadly allergic to asprin.

So, I am 'bumping' your post for you, and I can assure you I did not move or delete it before.

Take care, and I hope you get some answers soon. I do know that lots of others have tried them on the board, and don't understand why they are not responding to your questions.

You could try and put it in the 'Search Messages' and see what comes up from the archives, or check the 'Home' page for articles too.

Shalom, Shirl

Taken out of archives again.........

Shirl 10/28/02 09:59 PM

I am computer literate, so don't insult me with such a response I know that this (now it is yesterday) AM my posts were being moved from the board to archives. I would put it out there on the board and 5 minutes later it was in archives. And it seems they are all their now. From this (yesterday)AM and all day my posts were on the front page. I have searched all the way to page 15 and they aren't out there except for the one you moved up. The rest of them are in archives. Now if you have a problem with me posting be big enough to say so. Don't play games. I thought we cleared everything up. It seems a little strange that only my posts from today (yesterday) are in archives and no one elses are. If it isn't you then someone has to be doing it and I would like your help in finding out who.

Thank you,
    Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2002]
  2. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Shirl I found this in the archives again

Cindy........................ 10/28/02 08:14 PM

I am the Moderator who is usually on at nighttime, if one of the WebMaster's are here too, I am not aware of it! But dear, I did not remove your post! Why would I ?

I did not respond as I have not used the patch, I believe it has asprin in it, and I am deadly allergic to asprin.

So, I am 'bumping' your post for you, and I can assure you I did not move or delete it before.

Take care, and I hope you get some answers soon. I do know that lots of others have tried them on the board, and don't understand why they are not responding to your questions.

You could try and put it in the 'Search Messages' and see what comes up from the archives, or check the 'Home' page for articles too.

Shalom, Shirl

Taken out of archives again.........

Shirl 10/28/02 09:59 PM

I am computer literate, so don't insult me with such a response I know that this (now it is yesterday) AM my posts were being moved from the board to archives. I would put it out there on the board and 5 minutes later it was in archives. And it seems they are all their now. From this (yesterday)AM and all day my posts were on the front page. I have searched all the way to page 15 and they aren't out there except for the one you moved up. The rest of them are in archives. Now if you have a problem with me posting be big enough to say so. Don't play games. I thought we cleared everything up. It seems a little strange that only my posts from today (yesterday) are in archives and no one elses are. If it isn't you then someone has to be doing it and I would like your help in finding out who.

Thank you,
    Cindy

3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

but Cindy..I just read three of, basically the same posts, on page two. ALL of our posts move on from page to page and some stay on page one IF someone is posting to them.

Please do not get so upset with the monitors/moderators..as I think Mikie and Shirl are two of the best that I have seen on any site like this.

Maybe you are just tired or not looking on the right page..like I said I just read like three on page two. Maybe no one has anything to say in response..and maybe if you tried posting your thread in another way or on another subject it will be replied to.
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I hope you are right Jellybelly, because if you do a search for archives you can see everything I have posted in the last couple of days. Everytime I post(my own topic)which I just started doing after being on the board for months my posts seem to go to archive in the middle of the night.
    Stillafreemind - you are not out of line, you just think I am stupied enough not to check other pages. If I post something on Friday, I really don't expect it to be past page 15 on Sat. morning. That is what I did, I went to edit, typed in cpalance and searched every page. When you go to your own edit on your Bio it lists the posts you have posted. Mine were there and now they aren't. The only way you can find them is to do a search on the topic or do a search on archives and it will list my posts. You will be able to see that it has been my posts "only" that have been archived that last few days. I really feel it is not the moderators, but like you said Jelly a glitch in the System. I asked tech support to check it out and they thought I was stupied also. Telling me I should go to a slower board. I have worked in tech support for Compaq now HP for years. If I could get to the source I could fix it myself. Or at least be able to trace who has been doing this to me.
    Here is to all the stupied people in the world.
    Cindy
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

would never move a post and not fess up to it. You all should know her by now. That's a cowardly, dishonest thing to do, (not admitting to it) and that's NOT what Shirl is about. I'd bet my life on Shirl's character. If something weird is going on here, it's a bug in the system, which is going to happen on occasion, or someone who shouldn't have a password still DOES have one.

Marilyn
  6. stillafreemind

#1 .. how would I possibly know if you are stupid or not?

#2 ..IF you are stupid .. why would I care and/or why would I be that rude?

Go ahead and spit and spat .. I was just trying to be nice..I will not make that mistake with you again.
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

You didn't say anyone was stupid and in fact, didn't even come close to insinuating someone was stupid.

Posts move to the next page really fast when there's lots of traffic here, plain and simple. Plus maybe they're not responded to, so that would push them off the main page quickly too.

Marilyn :)
  8. stillafreemind

yes..this board really moves and it is sometimes hard to catch up!

I surely hope you are having a good day ss......still
  9. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I was having a great day until I went to the post office and had a run-in with the rude clerk there, then come home and find out I can't spell insinuating right. Sheesh!!

Marilyn :)
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Believe me, I am 'big enough' to tell you exactly what I think of you, but this is a problem, I really don't know you. I have seen your posts, and may have answered some and not others. But I sure as heck did not remove any of them. If I did, then I would tell you up front. That is not a problem for me. I can see you are not familiar with me either. I have no agenda here, I simply do what I was asked to do, nothing more or less.

As for my referring you to the archives, well I know that myself as well as others are not so computer savvy that we can find our way around this board with all the features that it does have, when I first came here it was the very first board I had ever been on and appreciated others giving me directions to different forums. No insult was intended.

I noticed that your post(above) was put up in the morning, I am not usually here untill late in the evening, and for the last month I was not here at all. I was too sick to even read the board.

Now there is a possibility that there is a 'glitch' that is causing the problem, or someone not authorized to remove posts are doing this. I don't have the answer, but will bring this up with the WebMaster tomorrow. I am in Louisiana, and its 9:15pm here right now.

Will try and straighten this out for you, and no, I do not have a problem with you as of this time.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]