In so much pain today,going to Los Angeles FFC 9/29

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Sep 22, 2005.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Hi all, I am hurting so much all over today. It just seems as if I've been going downhill. The Elavil, Neurontin, and little bit of Soma that I take don't seem to be working for the pain, although they have been able to get me to sleep.

I am hoping that the FFC will be able to help somehow. I don't have Lyme, and I don't have flu or cold symptoms, just this relentless pain.

Just needed to vent today, thanks for the support...

-Laura
  2. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

How did it go? Do you get bothered on smoggy days here? I seem to be so sensitive to toxins in general. I ache if I am exposed to bathroom cleaners for example. I really think our brains are ruined from the environment. Some people get MS and we get FM. It is the same illness, just different areas are being attacked.

Let me know how it went...what part of San Diego do you live?

I am in Carlsbad...peace
    TIM
  3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Carlsbad is a nice place to live, but it is too damp for me there. I live in East County, near Crest. We did have to evacuate during those fires, talk about toxins!

Your sensitivity to toxins could be a sign of Candida. You may want to call up the FFC and ask for there 24 page questionare to fill out. I would go and get the bloodwork done, and see what it reveals. I have my second visit on Oct. 20th and they will go over the bloodwork with me then.

I think fibro is definately a Central nervous system dysregulation. The doctor at the FFC says when one thing is out of balance, everything else is too.

Go to the health food store and buy L-Glutathione, it is suppose to help rid our bodies of toxins.

Take care!
    -Laura

[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2005]
  4. itz_mmci

itz_mmci New Member

Hi all, I know that this will sound like a stupid question, but what is FFC? I keep seeing people talk about it. I'm new to this board.

Thanks,

Marie
  5. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

I am really considering moving to Northern Arizona in a couple years. For some reason, the bone dry helps some.

I don't know about these FFC centers. Why don't they accept insurance? There just seems to be so many people wanting to make money off of us that I am skeptical. I hope it works out for you. Please keep us informed.
  6. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Marie - you can go to the search box and type in FFC, there are numerous posts to read about everyone's treatment.

Alan - I cannot figure out WHY there is the lack of help here in this big City.... I saw Dr. Bonakder at Scripps Integrative center and asked him if he would do the bloodwork from the FFC so my Ins. would pay, and he wouldn't do it, He said" He doesn't ask for these type of tests." Geez, couldn't believe it. I have really had it with doctors here, their lack of support, especially!

You can look at 10-2-05 post, I wrote about my first vsit to the FFC if interested.
    -Laura
  7. bcn

bcn New Member

Marie,
    FFC is The Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers, Inc
    Website fibroandfatigue.com. I have been looking at it too.
    Bess