In so much pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by StephieBee, Jul 11, 2006.

1. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Well Im caught up in one major flare right now. I stemmed from a sneeze that popped something in my mid to upper back. That set everything off. Im having this horrible, paralyzing pain in my left shoulder that sometimes radiates up the side of my neck and down my arm. It is not the same kind of pain that I experience from my FM. Im actually hunting and pecking now with my right hand because my left shoulder hurts so bad. Nothing has helped the pain. I had a few Vicodin left over from right after I did that, that my PCP called in. They are running low and now I am starting to get major panic attacks. There is absolutely NOTHING that helps the pain besides narcotics. Now, I really dont care about the narcotics themselves, I care about finding relief. Unfortunatly they are the only things the give me atleast some relief from the FM and the shoulder pain. I have tried EVERYTHING! If they could rub maple syrup on me and it would take my pain away, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Has anyone ever experienced horrible shoulder pain that felt like constant deep bone pain? It is not an aching pain, its more on the lines of a sharp pain. Sometimes it feels like Im getting electrical shocks in my arm and on my shoulder. My father believes it is a pinched nerve. That is what I kept getting diagnosed with when it was really the FM all along. Is there a test to prove it is a pinched nerve? What kind of doctor would I see? I would like to hear any stories about shoulder pain and what it ended up being.

Thanks Everyone,
    Stephanie
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

When I went to the ER the other day, they did x-rays and they showed nothing. So I dont think it could be the first condition you mentioned. Possibly the second??
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Bumping in hopes to get some more feedback!
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have you tried either of the following: Myofacial release massage and if this does not work, trigger point injection to the site.

I am sorry you are in pain. There is a good book about where to press for one's own myofacial release and this does work.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Have you tried either of the following: Myofacial release massage and if this does not work, trigger point injection to the site.

I am sorry you are in pain. There is a good book about where to press for one's own myofacial release and this does work.

Love Anne Cromwell