In sooo much pain today :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fonda, Aug 22, 2003.

1. fonda

fonda New Member

Hey everyone,

Well, I just need to vent I guess.

Having a tough day. I had some energy on Wed. for about 4 hours and used it to paint 2 walls in my bedroom. Bad idea.
    Now I will be recovering for a week and waiting another 6 months to paint the rest of the room. My poor kids and husband have to suffer for it too. :(

I haven't been able to move very much since! I feel like I have been hit by a truck and beat with an ugly stick! Hmm...by that quick look in the mirror, I look that way too!

I am so thankful for this site....it helps remind me that I am not alone, and I am not crazy. I was reading things on here the other day and got a headache from crying so much....because I felt so relieved to know that I'm really not loosing my mind (it just seems that way!)

You guys are great.

Please send prayers and hugs.

Thanks!
    fonda
  2. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

Hard to understand sometimes, isn't it? Well, there isn't any sense in fighting it. So, put on some relaxing music, find a relaxing book, and take your mind somewhere else until the pain meds kick in. This is just one day in many other great days. You don't need to be a super hero today. Just pamper yourself. Let calgon take you away.....

Carrie
  3. fonda

fonda New Member

Thanks for your replies.

No, I don't have anything for pain....except Ultram, my sugar pills. I dont know if they help anyone else but they dont do anything for me. I take it anyway, just in case! My doctors dont want to give me any "real" pain meds. My rhuemy gives me some if I go on a car trip....I think I will call and tell him I am leaving this weekend!

My kids will be home from school in a little. Then I have to feel bad because I have to ask them to help with the housework. They get up at 5:45 to go to school, so I hate making them work around here. I wish I could afford a maid!

Well, gotta go rest.

Hugs,
    fonda
  4. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hi!
    I made the error this week of being a *normal* and I painted kitchen. You are correct,VERY BAD Idea!!

Crying is currenly common here 2.
    I despise the way I feel. I will most definitly Pray for you,I do not have husband and kids,I feel for you.

In hopes you find you again Soon,take Care.

Peace,eZ
  5. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

6. Kerplett

Kerplett New Member

I will say a prayer for you, fonda. I know how you feel about not being up to doing the housework. I have wondered if there is any way I can afford a maid myself. I can't keep up with the daily household chores. My son is having a birthday party next week and I'm in a bit of a panic wondering how I'll get the house clean in time. I have three school-age children and a husband who does not understand my limitations. I feel awful because what I want to do around the house I can't accomplish. It stinks, doesn't it? My one goal for the summer was to paint the hallway but I never had the energy to even THINK about painting. Now, my new goal is make my bed every day! Maybe I won't feel so defeated if I have a goal that is actually attainable.

Good luck to you & hope you're feeling better soon.
    Kerplett
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Prayers and {{{{Fonda}}}} coming your way.

So many of us can empathize - I am so happy every Sunday if I managed to get all my clothes washed over the weekend so I don't have to worry about it during the work week.

Hope you feel better sooner!
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi fonda, please don't worry about the painting. You'll get there with it. Just take care of yourself and get back to feeling decent.

Hugs to you,
    Michelle