In the Midst of a Divorce....anyone else survive???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Feb 27, 2006.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Just when I thought life couldn't get any more difficult.... I've had to file for a divorce because my husband was a hopeless drug abuser... He's on disabilty now so I can forget about child support... ( I do get a small ss check per month ) I've been the supporter all along now he's asking for 50% of the equity in the house... My lawyers working on things for my benefit. One good thing is I can't even think about my FM for now.... I am the sole everything right now, but at least I don't have to come home to someone slumped over anywhere...
    Thanks for all your support and love... tomorrow I go to my FM doctor and I need to go to a hand surgeon for my carpal tunnel...We are so very very special thought I would just mention that !!!
    L Sue
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have been there done that...first of all congratualaions on your daughter bein on honor roll...tell how proud i am of her...

my ex-husband is bipolar, drinker no drugs...and not treatment for him.....so it is miserable to say the least trying to do a level headed decision w/someone not level headed...

you can still get child support even if he is on ssdi.or ssi

infact if he is on ssdi he will get a certain amount allotted to the child...i know because i am on ssdi i get 850..amonth for me theni get an additional 420.00 month for him...

they are only allowed legally to take out so much out of checks for child support...but it is done...

i was so out of it when i went through my divorce you name it it happened....i even had to get excorted out to my car by the baliff's because they feared for me and they told me to go home and lock my door and anything happens call 911...

well he flew home to call me and scream so badly...i hung up on him...and i let him scream and yell cause it was actually comical at the moment..because he thought he had it all together w/his far superieor attorney....wrong///

hang in there,

jodie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My children were grown when my ex and I divorced. My prayers are with you.

Love, Mikie
  4. zerped

zerped New Member

Funny, in my marriage/divorce I was the drunk/addict and my wife the "normal" one. Except I have not had a drink or drug since 1989, and she suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder. When she challenged my restraining order, I had no idea "which one of her" would be speaking to the judge! Fortunately the most scary and dangerous "her' started ranting and raving and the judge had her restrained till I could get out of the building safely.

I am serious about this, but my best friend had a great comment at the time. He said, "You're the only guy I know who's been married only once but yet has several ex-wives." !

Sorry that this has all come down on you, and that children have to get dragged into things. Most of the really nice adults I know went through a divorce in the family as kids, so have faith.