IN THE MORNING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by huska, Oct 20, 2006.

1. huska

huska New Member

I ALWAYS HAVE PROBLEMS GETTING UP IN THE MORNING. NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE PAIN BUT BECAUSE SOMETIMES I CAN'T JUST OPEN MY EYES AND GET UP. IT SEEMS LIKE I DIDN'T SLEEP AT ALL THE NIGHT BEFORE... I TAKE SLEEPPING PILS FOR A LONG TIME PRESCRIVED BY MY DR.I DON'T THINK IS THAT BECAUSE IT'S GETTING WORSE.IF YOU HAVE AN OPPINION PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi huska,

Are you feeling really "groggy" upon awakening? I don't know what kind of sleeping med you're on but some of them do make you feel that way.

However, you're saying that you've been taking it for a long time so I'm not sure.

How long are you sleeping? Maybe you're sleeping too long? I've heard that the more sleep some of us get, the more we want; a normal thing.

I have trouble because of the pain, but the opposite; I can't stay in the bed because when I wake up, I HAVE to get up; too much pain.

Have you considered asking your Dr. if maybe you need to change your medication? Your system may be used to this one.

I hope you get it straigthened out,

BlueSky555
  3. huska

huska New Member

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, it's true that I can't stay in bed because of the pain but even during the day if I seat and watch tv I fall asleep in minutes...I can't just keep my eyes open !!! It's strange....
    I don't know how uch sleep I have during teh night because I always dream a lot and I'm always waking...because of the pain...because of a noise.......but I fall asleep quite easly after taking the medication.

Thanks again
  4. huska

huska New Member

By the way, the Dr. thinks my medication is working fine.....
  5. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Huska:

Cant say for sure I know whats happening, however is it possible that the sleep med your on is interfering with REM oe level 4 sleep. You may sleep but not sleep if that makes sense. I would really consider telaking to your doctor about your morning fatigue and what sounds like grogginess from the meds. Perhaps, he/she will consider another medication to help with sleep.

One other alternative I have heard that works for many here is Flexeril which is a muscle relaxant, however is related to the tricyclic anti-depressants so therefore it may help with acheiving level 4 sleep which we know all people with FM seem to not get enough of.

Hope this helps, let us know how you are doing.

Suz45
  6. huska

huska New Member

I'm already taking anti-depresive medication.
    Because I live in Portugal I'm not very familiar with the names of the mediaction you are refering. I can only teel you that I take Loresdal to sleep, sometimes diazepam as a muscle relaxer, cipralex as a anti-depressive and Lamictal.

It makes sense what you are saying about sleepping without getting some sleep. I always heard that when we remember our dreams we don't have a restfull night.

Thanks
  7. suz45

suz45 New Member

Huska:

Try posting to Lomotta 77, I know he is a pharmacist here in the states, howver he may be able to figure out what your meds are by the brands you posted.

Just go in post topic and typr OT: Lamotta 77, Need help with meds.. When members see their screen names they usually get back to each other...

Hope this helps,

Suz45
  8. huska

huska New Member

No THANK GOD no infeccious diseases, I think we write the word that way....All my blood tests are perfect in everything..
  9. huska

huska New Member

I love holland ! I was there many years ago and I fall in love with your country. I was in Amsterdam. It was great !!!
    Yes, I'm alergic to mentol and strong smells, like soaps ,perfumes.... Nothing else. So, I always avoid that.

I'm sorry I'm giving you a brainstorming lol...I didn't want to do that......

A friend of mine in us is giving me lots of help with the names of medications. F.EX. I already know the name of Tramadol here, but I can't take that one because it makes me really sick in the next day.
  10. tinktink

tinktink New Member

Have you ever had a sleep study done?? Has anyone ever told you you snore? Being groogy in the morning could have to do with needing the help of a cpap(continuous positive air pressure)machine. Only 10 percent of people with sleep disorders have been diagnosed with them. It would be worth looking into. Best Wishes Diana
  11. huska

huska New Member

Yes, my husband says that sometimes I snore. And I could swear I hear myself snoring....I never made any sleepping tests. I don't even know if they do it here in Portugal...I'll have to look for it...Thanks Diana.
    Olga