In the tunnel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Dec 18, 2002.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

I am in the tunnel. Was dragged here against my will but now that I am here I can see light under the door at the other end. It will take me a while to get to the door to see what wonders and delights await me at the other side but I am open and ready for what is there. It wont be the same as before but it will be full and meaningful. I'm not going to kick and scream anymore because I dont want to miss any oportunities that the exciting morrow might offer.
    This is my defense against the uninvited guest that has come to reside in my body and mind.
  2. BonBons

BonBons New Member

I can sing along with that one. I had the very worst day today with sciatica screaming at me. Then my neck joined in. Right now, the tunnel feels welcome and like a good place to hide for a while and enjoy the silence. A good thing: woke up to a gazillion birds singing in the yard. It's not spring yet - just the snowbirds coming to the warm southern jungle. Bonnie
  3. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

DEAR SOFTY,
    SO SORRY YOU FEEL BADLY. I JUST SPENT TWO WEEKS IN THE BED THAT WAS IN THE TUNNEL, AND THERE WAS NO LIGHT UNDER THE DOOR. i LOVE THIS SITE, AND IT HELPS TREMENDOUSLY TO HAVE FRIENDS WHO UNDERSTAND THE LANGUAGE, AND THE FEELINGS.
    THE MORE YOU KNOW THE MORE IMPOWERED YOU ARE. WILL PRAY THE DOOR OPENS FOR YOU SOON. GODS SPEED
    1MAQT
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

My message was: Here is where I am, this is what I have, I WILL make it good for myself.
  5. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Thank you sofy..that was a great post..made me feel good this morning. I could just visualize my walk through the tunnel. I was blessed by God this week..I drove..by myself.. a 60 mile round trip. AND I MADE IT OKAY!! I sure was anxious about it.. but I think it empowered me. It was a tiny little peak behind the door..and that is good enough for me right now.

Thanks again..hope your day is a good one!
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You are a great writer! Sometimes, I actually wryly try to think of my quirky twitches, etc. as "my little friends" that inhabit my body...you know, an attempt to fight them less, fighting them just made me frustrated, and learn to co-exist with them better...it does help sometimes!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I LOVE your words!!!
    Warmly and softly,
    Kady