In too Much Pain To Sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am so tired physically but I am still hurting so bad from that evaluation for disability the other day, actually I think it has sent me into a flare.

I used to be able to stay on here longer and now I just come and check things out for a few minutes and then I have to lie down.

If I win my disability case I am getting me a laptop computer for days like the last few have been, well with my backpay.

I have come so close to going to the hospital b/c my pain meds are even helping much w/ the pain, but I don't feel like going and also I don't want the stares I get when they are thinking your a drug addict.

Pamela
  2. Angelimbo

Angelimbo New Member

I totally hear you about going into a flare after undergoing SSDI evaluations.

And I also totally GET how you feel about going to the hospital. By the time we feel bad enough to think seriously about going, we feel too bad to tolerate the trip. And, as you said, the way we are treated there, just adds insult to injury.

I really didn't think I would survive the disability process.....but I did.....even though I was not approved for FMS or CFIDS, but for depression (which, as many of us know, is SECONDARY depression). And that will probably come back to haunt me, since I cannot take depression meds, nor can I find a decent therapist who understands living with a chronic disabling illness.

But, I'm grateful I was approved, because I was literally on the edge of homelessness and insanity by the time my case was approved.

I am sending you virtual hugs and real prayers, and wish you the best with your case, and hope you are feeling better in a few days.

Blessings,

Angelimbo

3. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Pamela -

I am so sorry you're still hurting and hope you find relief, and sleep, soon.

Get help if you need to re: the pain and ignore the stares, etc. People can't understand what they do not know. But I hope you can manage on your own and this flare subsides soon.

Wishing you all the best, and quick pain relief however you can get it,
    C.
  4. achy

achy New Member

Those SS doc visits are tough..been there done that.

Have you tried the tylenol PM?? Way back my doc suggested it for help w/ pain and sleep. It did help.

Some ppl also use Arthritis strength and the benadryl syrup for sleep.

I'm blessed with a doc that does do meds...I use flexeril a muscle relaxant.

good luck!
    achy