Inability to move fingers or make fists

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seminolegal, Mar 28, 2003.

1. seminolegal

seminolegal New Member

Hi.

I have already posted several times in the past few days. It is so great to "talk" with other FM/CFS warriors!

I have the symptom of not being able to move fingers on my own or make fists on own. After all the neuro tests being normal, the doctors at Mayo Clinic did say that this HAS occurred in other fibro patients.

Anyone out there have this problem? It makes typing, writing, gripping things, etc. more difficult, that is for sure.

Take care.
  2. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I get this off and on. I sometimes have to have my husband cut my food and feed me because my hands don't work. It seems to go away for awhile and then come back. Very scarey to be that dependent on someone else for such basic needs. Feel better. Flibble
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I have problems with my hands mostly in the winter.
    usually it hits me at the grocery store after handling all the frozen food. by the time I get to the register to check out my food, my hands are so stiff its hard to write checks and or give change..I have problems wearing gloves that are the least bit snug. they make my hands hurt. I think I just cant wear anything that is binding or the least bit tight on any part of my body, it causes me to have pain. I think its a circulation thing. I have good hand days and bad hand days..sorry that your hands hurt
    God Bless
    Lisa
  4. winiw96

winiw96 New Member

every day i have too pop my knucles too get them too work, i know but i need them too work off load trucks, have you tried a ginsing root combination, it works pretty well sometimes.good luck