Increase in thyroidfeeling better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mum6, Aug 9, 2006.

1. mum6

mum6 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. I have been dx for four years and about the same time I started on thyroid med. At my last Dr. appt my Dr. mentioned my thyroid test was just at the low side of normal. He asked some questions about enegy levels and doubled my dose for a six week trial. Within one day of the new dose I feel so much better. I still have times when my dx overcomes me but I just feel over all more alive than i have in a long time.
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Yes, I feel much better when I'm on the right dose of thyroid meds. I also feel better on Armour thyroid than on the other brands.

It's enough to deal with this illness without having to also fight a slow metabolism, too.

I hope you keep feeling better!
    Love,
    Forebearance
  3. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I also feel more energetic using armour thyroid. My thyroid was not low but have symptoms of low thyroid and my sex hormone binding globulin is high which I believe means my hormones are not The thyroid med has improved my situation more than anything else. I have a ways to go as I get sick often so I think I need an antiviral or transfer factor.
    ruby