Increased back pain is a kidney stone....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Oct 29, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Hi all. Went to doctor about my increased back and leg pain and siatica. She agreed that I need to get an xray and called friday to say that I have a kidney stone. I'll be going in next week for more xrays and treatment options.

Also, she referred me to an ent doc for my salivary gland problems (they have been causing me pain for months and off and on for years). There has been a lump in one for years that he wants to biopsy, he ordered a cat scan of my face to check for stones and ran bloodwork to check for autoimmune disease. I have the cat scan, the biopsy and a mammogram on the 10th (I may have to skip the mam, seems like a bit much to deal with on one day).

Anyway, just letting you know that the increased back pain wasn't FM and I'm glad I asked for an Xray. It's so easy
    to assume that it's just another flare.

LOL, Nanna
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Wow! good thing you went in to your doc.!!

I had a kidney stone one time.
    and Its horrible to pass one!

I hope everything turns out ok for you~
    Best of Luck.
    You'll be in my thoughts :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Nanna4550,

I feel for you...I have had quite a few of those "buggers", hurt like the dickens.....
    Hope you are able to pass them easily...Once you have had kidney stones that is a pain worse then childbirth that you do not want to experience ever again!

I pray that your scan, biopsy and mammo turn out fine..

(((((HUGS))))
    Cindy
  4. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Thanks Tandy and Cindy for your caring posts. I appreciate you.

I Still don't know if I have Lupus or Sjogrens Syndrome yet from the ENT Doc and my PCP needed to talk with the Radiologist about my xray before she would call me.
    So I wait..........I guess I must need patience........