Increased flax seed oil promotes sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carolyn0508, May 16, 2003.

1. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

Greetings all,

Just thought I'd share that since I upped the flax seed oil intake, I seem to be sleeping better! Not sure why but I'll take it. Also, I'm one who keeps talking up MSM and it has had great benefits - however, I have found that taking it with the increased flax seed oil makes me feel achier. It could be that they both have detoxing properties therefore the two together worsen detox symptoms. So, I'd suggest either/or and I'm going with flax right now. I also started the B-12 sublinguals again which help with the pain. A rheumy suggested B-12 injections sometime back which I didn't relish so I got the sublingual kind. Since I am originally a MidWesterner, I love my beef and figured I'd be getting enough of the B vitamins there but then again who knows how our systems process what we feet it. Seems like I have to keep switching around my regimen. Like it works for awhile then not. For example, malic acid/magnesium worked great for a while then began to upset my stomach and caused bloating. Anyway, enough rambling. Here's to managing the pain and fatigue as best we can!

Cheers
    Carolyn
  2. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

Is that something I should be tested for?

Thanks
    Carolyn
  3. Bacci

Bacci New Member

My nutritionist had suggested I add lots of varieties of raw nuts to my diet for various reasons--walnut, almond, cashew. My doctor, who works with my nutritionist, has said that it can cause problems because of the high levels of arginine. He said that he doesn't want me to stop taking the nuts because they still have so many benefits, rather he wanted me to add Lysine as a supplement to counter the effects of arginine. He says it's all about keeping them in balance. It is a natural alternative to use if you take in high levels of any arginine. You may want to try that first if the flax is really working for you.

Cheers,
    Bacci
  4. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

I'm still researching this arginine/mycoplasma issue but in the mean time, does anyon know how much is too much or is any bad? I just recently increased from 2-1000 mg gelcaps to 1 tablespoon (in 3 doses) and it made a positive difference.

Thanks
    Carolyn