INCREASED LEG PAIN???? YO KIDS CAN YOU SAY........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nah.stacey, Oct 19, 2011.

1. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

WITHDRAWALS??????????????

The dirty little secret your pain dr. doesn't want you to know about!!!!!!!

Do you realize that the first withdrawal symptom you are beginning to feel is the increased pain in your hips, calves, back of your legs????????

Increasing your dosage MAY work short term, but long term use of any opiate derivative including Tramadol, which is a synthetic opiate, will inevitably lead to more leg, hip, foot pain.

I have an ugly story about this posted if you look up my most recent posts.

But it really and truly is WHY you are hurting more. We live on an ugly nasty treadmill here.
    Find anyway anyhow to switch up your pain meds from an opiate to canabus, Tylenol 3 anything.
    But beware Hon, YOU ARE IN WITHDRAWAL STAGE!!!!! IT CAN BEGIN TO OCCUR AS SOON AS TWO HOURS AFTER YOUR LAST DOSE.

It will take a scary scary catalyst for you to be able to come to grips with this absolute truth to the point that you can do something about it, but CALL A SPADE A SPADE. WITHDRAWALS.

Sorry for the ugly truth,
    S
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Pain is the warning signal the brain uses to let us know something is wrong in our bodies. If we try to stifle that warning signal, the brain will just shout louder in the form of more pain. Pain meds beget pain so we take more meds and the brain produces more pain and so on.

A lot of the pain we suffer isn't because we have a physical problem or injury. It is a function of a central nervous system's sending out false alarms. Still, the downward cycle of pain meds and more pain still holds.

This leaves us in a real Catch 22. I have used opiods when I could no longer tolerate my pain but didn't use them on a regular basis. I found other treatments which addressed my FMS pain and which helped me heal wholistically.

I think the Lyrica ads do a good job of explaining briefly why we have pain.

Love, Mikie