Increased Pain After Starting Atkins

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SuzyL, Aug 7, 2003.

1. SuzyL

SuzyL New Member

I started the Atkins diet about 2 weeks ago for my FM. Since then my pain level has increased. Has anyone else experienced this? Can I expect it to subside soon?

Thanks,
    SueL
  2. Joanel

Joanel New Member

I started Atkins a couple of years ago. I lost thirty pounds but had increased pain. I don't know if it was because I lost so much weight and had no "padding" or the pain increased because of the diet. Also had intestinal problems from not enough fiber. Good luck with it. I feel better eating that way, but....

E.
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

on the Atkins you stop all sugar and carbohydrates, correct? If you have a build up of yeast, they would start to die off from the lack of sugar in your diet. Therefore, the toxin release as they die would make you feel worse. I know the first time I modified my diet to have less sugar I was in bed for 2 days! Not fun.

Push the fluids to flush the toxins out. I have never tried the Atkins, but have had friends that love it because they feel so good on it. The only other thing that I can think of is that food allergies can cause fibromyalgia pain. Do you have any sensitivities? Hope you are feeling better soon. -Karen