Increased sensitivity, physically

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sonny1, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Sonny1

Sonny1 New Member

Light, sound,smell,and now touch.My daughter touched me gently and I said "don't.I wanted to cry.How could I explain this to her.How can I fight it off and not be this way?Has anyone found a solution to this?I believe its the fibro,but it has gotten much worse.I don't beleive this disease is not progressive and can be fixed by water exercise.At least not for me.

I have tried to fight by taking pain meds,to be ABLE to get moving a bit,but to function and exercise normally I would need a dose that would just kill me from being to strong.I have a huge tolernce to pain meds,even a new one will take less than a weekto stop doing the trick.I
    just wish their was a cure.Untill then,anyone have any idea how to not be soooo sensitive.Right now I can hear my clock in three rooms away ticking.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

sorry I don't have any answers, but I do have an abundance of empathy

I am totally the same.....noise makes me insane, and so do odors/fragrances/fumes/etc......many types of light really get to me, and back when I actually had people in my life, sometimes touch could be pretty bad too

sending you some gentle painless hugs
  3. lisadot

lisadot New Member

I am sure your daughter is trying to offer support. It's so darn hard. I get it, and unfortunately, my daughter does get it too, because she also has fibro.

Are your feet able to be rubbed? If so, great, if not, then let her know you appreciate her wanting to help you feel better. Maybe she can get a tub of warm water ready for you, or something like that. Or share a cup of tea.

I have been so much achier this week, and I don't know whether or not it's because my period is due soon...It makes me wonder.

I go for massages A LOT. Sometimes they really help to relax me, and sometimes I have to tell the person to ease up, because it's too painful. Stupid nervous system. I wish we had a dial on our backs to turn down the signal, kinda like a doll. HA! I wish!
  4. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

That is NOT fun that you are sensitive in all those areas. I'm with AuntTammie in that noise and chemicals make me insane but fortunately I like touch and funny, I actually seem to be undersensitive to light, I can't get enough. I hate dark rooms and I can't stand sunglasses because then I get even less light, and once I got sunburn in my eyes.

I know some people that are senstive to touch who don't like massages. I hope that's not the case with you because they are so beneficial. Sometimes people with touch sensitivity don't mind touch in the form of pressure, though, so that would be good if that's the case with you.
  5. Sonny1

Sonny1 New Member

Thank you for your replies.