Increasing Natural Killer Cells

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rebeccavw, Mar 25, 2003.

1. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

Hello All

Does anyone know what I can take to increase NK cells. I read that Panax Ginseng was good for this but it makes my insomnia worse.

Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Rebecca
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Both help build the immune system. I use the ImmunPlex sold here and also this website's colostrum. The prices here are better than any place and the products are of the highest quality. By using automated ordering, you save even more.

Are you low in natural killer cells? Sometimes that is not the problem with us. Our unbalanced immune systems are often at fault. Dr. Paul Cheney has written an excellent article in two parts on the balance of the immune system. It is in our library. He tells about testing for NK cells and how to rebalance the immune system. The peptides in the whey help with this. This site sells transfer factor which also helps in rebalancing the immune system.

Those with hypercoagulation can use heparin to thin the blood and rebalance the immune system. Kutapressin, an antiviral med, also seems to do this.

I have not tried these meds but will consider them or the transfer factor in the future.

Love, Mikie
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Rebecca,

I believe Ginseng is an energy provider.

As you are suffering with sleep, have you tried taking Magnesium at night?
    Many on here speak highly of ZMA...

I am sleeping a heck of a lot better since I started on my Magnesium with Calcium and Zinc two weeks ago.

Along with the Echinacea you need Magnesium, Vit C & Evening Primrose Oil. I also take Flaxseed Oil now.
    Whatever it takes to work - i`ll give it a go.
    Seems to be working too as I am feeling somewhat better these days.

Wishing you all the best

Love Pat.
  4. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

I have read a lot on Dr Cheney and am currently taking colostrum and imunovir to try and help balance immune system. I did start to feel so much better but then as soon as I do too much the horrible virus feeling comes back (it never really goes). Swollen glands, sore throat malaise.

I have tried soooooooooo many things. I currently take multi vit, cal and Mag, colostrum co q 10 and imunovir. I just can not get rid of this damn thing that makes me feel like I have flu 24 hours a day. I havn't been able to work at all for past year and half and have really had enough.

I thought maybe my NK cell was low.

Rebecca

5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Are you taking any antibiotics ?

If not, you could try a natural pathogen killer like Garlic or Olive Leaf. There are others too but can`t remember them right now...

You need to try something to get at whatever is making you ill.

Love Pat.
  6. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

I take MGN 3. Says on the bottle it is suppposed to triple NK activity. Mine have gone up since taking it. It is expensive though. This bottle here that I am looking at has 50 capsules and it was $69. You may be able to find it cheaper on the net.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The supplements here are usually less than elsewhere and are of the highest quality. If you use automated delivery, you can save a lot. Plus, a large percent of the profits go toward advocacy and research into our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have seen better results from OLE than from any other supplement I have ever tried and it is suppose to kill ALL pathogens...whether viral, bacterial, fungal or parasitic..

Has the Immunovir and Colostrum improved any of the other symptoms you had? or was the Flu-like symptoms the main part? I purchased some Colostrum from the place you recommended, but just got it and haven't tried it yet..Did you notice any particular symptoms that it helped?

Hope you improve with the OLE....AMELIA
  9. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Hi Rebecca! I have just started taking this liquid product called SeaSilver (they have a website) mainly because I have such a hard time swallowing pills. They seem to get stuck & that causes more pain. I have read up on this product & it contains several things that help keep your immune system healthy. If you'd like, I will look it up & tell you what is in the product for immune system. Just let me know.

I have been taking it for 2 1/2 weeks & have more energy than I've had in a long, long time. Still have pain, but feel I'm getting everything I need in 1 easy liquid dose.

Hope this gives you food for thought......Kathi
  10. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Yesterday I posted a question about the validity & safety of Seasilver & people told me it was "snake oil" and that the FDA had cracked down on the company . . . check yesterday's posts and search for Seasilver. I don't take it, but a friend of mine did and I was checking for her.

Terri
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know that this is an MLM, so if you are a distributor, you may not give out info on this here.

Love, Mikie
  12. harmony58

harmony58 New Member

Hi Rebecca:

I've been taking olive leaf extract and astralagus for several years now. Yes, I still have CFS and fibro, but I never get the flu and I believe both help boost the immune system.

As for magnesium, it is often depleted in people with CFS and fibro. It is essential for energy production. It works at the mitochondrial level which is the energy factory at the cellular level. Part of the adrenal system which is severely affected in cfs and fibro. I take a malic acid, magnesium, and manganese supplement to help with energy.

Insomonia can be helped with either melatonin or valerian if your doc hasn't prescribed any meds specifically for that. Ambien is prescription stuff, but works well for those with sleep problems. Have you had a sleep study done?

Kathie
  13. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

I will try OLE. I,ve tried everything so might as well give this a go ! Ive heard of MGN but it is a bit expensive.

AMELIA - re imunovir- I did start to feel better on this, for about 2 weeks I felt wonderful but I feel like s*** again now so its not the miracle cure I was hoping for. But I think its helping a bit.