Incredible pain relief with MSContin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Apr 22, 2007.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi Everyone:

A couple of months ago I was at a point that pain was all I thought about. At work, I was trying to learn a new software language and could not get anything to register.
    One day, I ended up in tears.

I went to my family Dr and told him I just couldn't take the constant pain anymore. He had me on MS-IR up to 3 times a day but I was trying to live with just taking one at night. It got to the point that even that didn't control my night time pain.

He decided to try me on the MS-Contin and have the MS-IR for breakthrough pain if needed. Since then, I haven't had to take anything but the MS-Contin. I still have pain, but instead of a 9, it's down to a 4. I'm totally bowled over by the result.

I really hope that this continues. I know that I'll have my moments (like right now after trying to do some gardening yesterday), but I feel so much more alive. I actually have been able to learn this crazy software and feel like I'm participating in life again.

Has anyone else had such a positive response to pain control like this?

Cheers all.

Eileen
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't think my doctor will ever consider anything stronger than Vicodin. I am in constant pain, and I'm getting ready to go see him and lay things out...flat!

I'm glad that you have found significant relief...a doc who isn't afraid to help his patients.

Amazing.

Sue