indiana disability review

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Feb 20, 2010.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

I received my letter from the state of indiana for a mental review today!!! My heart sank and i just want to cry!!!!! I am schedule for a 2 1/2 hrs of mental tests. As like everyone else on this board who suffer with all the sh-t now my nerves are shot. Has anyone had their review yet. I would like to know what the H-ll to expect. My test is for march 16th . My husband will be going with me but i hope they just do not look at me and think that we fake this stuff i wish they would live in our bodies.
  2. crickett

crickett New Member

I Have been disabled since 2004 and they said this was a mental evaluation. I am trying not to panic,but its hard.I guess i am afraid they will look at me and say you look fine when they do not know how i feel on the inside. I Would of thought that after 14 doctors in 6 years and still batteling this disease. I Just freek out after everything i have been through and no cure insight. And ontop of that an early morning appointment i am very slow in the morning

than you so much for your response. I will probably read this every day to keep my scrupples. thanksy crickett
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I agree, don't worry about it. It's probably a good thing that it is scheduled in the AM, in any case.

I would have any family/friends who are close to you write letters also tho to be included as to how they see you functioning, any changes, and the difference between how you were before you became ill and how you are today.

My DH is on SSD, when they re-evaluated him, they sent a questionnaire to me as well as his doctors and that was all. I wonder if they've sent anything to anyone in your family or a friend?

In any case, I can't imagine you'd have any problems with it.

Take care...

all the best,

4. JLH

JLH New Member

You don't have anything to worry about! This is standard for all disability reviews! Everyone gets a physical and mental evaluation.

During my "mental" review, she just asked me questions like did I think I was depressed and why, about my stress level, and just everyday questions that you just have to relax and answer honestly.

She gave me a few "tests". The first one was ... she told me 3 or 4 words to remember and she told me she would ask me again at the end of the interview. Then, at the end, she asked me to see if I could remember them. Simple. She also asked me to count backwards from 100 by 3's .... like 100, 97, 94, 91, etc. If you can't do it, you just do the best you can! She told me a story that one man she interviewed told her that he couldn't count, let alone backwards!!
    There is no win or lose to any of the questions or tests.

Whoever is there to handle your interview, they are not there to judge if you are faking or not. They are there just to ask you the questions and give you the tests and report the answers.

Good luck .... and quit worrying about it!!!!!