Indigestion.....I think

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KJH_10, Feb 5, 2006.

1. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

Hello all,

I have had a wierd symptom for a little over a week now, I have this indigestion feeling , not heartburn, but like slight indigestion feel in my throat area, like something is in there. I dont know if it is related to my FM or Gerd. I take nexium 40mg once a day, but this does not seem to help and neither do TUMS. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
  2. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

BUMP FOR MYSELF
  3. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Hi, I started experiencing this same thing about 5 years ago and had several test performed to find out it was acid reflux.

I have never been able to take the nexium because it kept my stomach upset but protonix by far helped me the most. Protonix is very expensive and just recently I have switched to the OTC Prilosec.

Every once in a while if I missed a dose I would get this feeling in my throat that felt like there was bread in my throat.

I ended up having to have my esophagus dilated because I had developed a stricture caused by the reflux.

I would have it checked just to be sure.

Lindy
  4. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

Thanks for your reply, I have had tests done, and confirmed that I do have Gerd (acid reflux), thats when I was prescribed nexium. I have only been on the nexium for 2 months and maybe it is just a strange side effect? I may try seeing if I can switch to something else if the symptoms persist.
    Thanks
    kjh_10