INDIGESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Nov 12, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I just wanted to tell everyone, if you have symptoms of indigestion, loss of appetite, nausea, it could be gallstones. Also, I could not stand the smell of food in house so could not cook. This went on for 2 years.

Many times you can also have pain radiating to the right shoulder but not always, and not in my case.

I suffered for over two years and just recently a doctor finally ordered a ten minute ultrasound to diagnose the gallstones. I know I have had them for 4-5 years. I read where it taked 8 years for them to develop.

Anyway, after finding out about them a couple of months ago, I had surgery last Monday and already I know I am better. Aside from recovering from surgery, I can now cook and my appetite and digestion are better.

Please remember to ask your doctors to check you for gallstones if you have any digestive problems, even if they don't think you have the classic symptoms. Actually the surgeon told me my symptoms were classic.

It makes me mad to think I was ignored for so long. I was going to the doctor all the time and had lost over 50 lbs due to loss of appetite!

[This Message was Edited on 11/13/2006]
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

PVLady, that's kinda scarey. It is amazing how people can suffer so long before doctors will listen and a lot of the symptoms may be atypical for the condition and they just don't pick up on it.

Thanks for the advice.

Take Care
    Nancy
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member