Individuals with CFS needed for a study in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ssmith15, Oct 22, 2002.

1. ssmith15

ssmith15 New Member

I am a faculty member at Temple University in the College of Allied Health and we are currently trying to obtain a research grant from the Nation Institutes of Health to study the effects of creatine ingestion on neuromuscular function in CFS. We received a favorable review from the NIH on our initial proposal and are currently seeking 1-2 persons in the Philadelphia area with CFS to participate in a pilot study, which will provide addition data that will be included in our NIH proposal. The studies have been approved by Temple's Institutional Review Board.

The tests involve a blood sample, neuromuscular evaluations, and a MRI on 2 separate days (with a 5 day interval in-between). On the days in-between the testing the person will be asked to consume either creatine or a placebo as a dietary supplement. We need to test someone by this Friday Oct 24 and again on Wednesday Oct 30. I realize this is very short notice, however due to unforeseen circumstances this is our time frame. If persons are interested in participating and can not come in by this Friday we will be continuing pilot data collection over the next few months and will need persons with CFS to participate.

Any information on how I may contact persons with CFS (preferably with a MD's diagnosis) who may be interested in participating would be greatly appreciated. For individuals interested in the study, they may contact me by email (ssmith15@astro.temple.edu) or phone (215)-707-5574. Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,

--
    Sinclair A. Smith, Sc.D.
    Assistant Professor
    Temple University
    phone: 215-707-5574
    fax: 215-707-7656
  2. ssmith15

ssmith15 New Member

I am a faculty member at Temple University in the College of Allied Health and we are currently trying to obtain a research grant from the Nation Institutes of Health to study the effects of creatine ingestion on neuromuscular function in CFS. We received a favorable review from the NIH on our initial proposal and are currently seeking 1-2 persons in the Philadelphia area with CFS to participate in a pilot study, which will provide addition data that will be included in our NIH proposal. The studies have been approved by Temple's Institutional Review Board.

The tests involve a blood sample, neuromuscular evaluations, and a MRI on 2 separate days (with a 5 day interval in-between). On the days in-between the testing the person will be asked to consume either creatine or a placebo as a dietary supplement. We need to test someone by this Friday Oct 24 and again on Wednesday Oct 30. I realize this is very short notice, however due to unforeseen circumstances this is our time frame. If persons are interested in participating and can not come in by this Friday we will be continuing pilot data collection over the next few months and will need persons with CFS to participate.

Any information on how I may contact persons with CFS (preferably with a MD's diagnosis) who may be interested in participating would be greatly appreciated. For individuals interested in the study, they may contact me by email (ssmith15@astro.temple.edu) or phone (215)-707-5574. Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,

--
    Sinclair A. Smith, Sc.D.
    Assistant Professor
    Temple University
    phone: 215-707-5574
    fax: 215-707-7656