Inexpensive Online vitamins?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pogopossum, May 22, 2003.

1. pogopossum

pogopossum New Member

Did a search here and didn't see it addressed, does anyone know the best online source for inexpensive vitamins? I take C, Zinc, E, and others, and it does add up, hoping there's one or two places that beat the rest in cost! Thanks in advance, Chris
  2. James

James Guest

We have em here at ImmuneSupport.com
    <a href="https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/Contents.cfm/category/Vitamins/">https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/Contents.cfm/category/Vitamins/</a>
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Not to step on James' toes, but there are many more sites with good prices. You just have to shop around. Of course, the ones here are of superior quality, but if you want something from a specific company, you'd be better off at iherb, webvitamins, or vitaminshoppe.
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Vitaglo has great prices, as does Swanson.
    I like to order from Prohealth when they have
    what I need. Otherwise, I go with other companys.

Lynn
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I order most of my vitamins from here (James gave you the site), they are of the hightest quality, prices are better than most other places too.

I have never had a problem with the quality or the price. The only ones I don't buy here is what they don't sell!

I have been taking supplements for over 30 years, so I know quality/price when I see it!!

Just go there and ask for a free catalog and a free newsletter. Then compare prices!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

ProHealth has the best Guaifenesin price by far (though this is a med not a vitamin) and some other really good ones.
    I also like Vitacost, esp. their Synergy line from Nutraceutical Sciences Institute, but I am far more concerned with quality than price. Cheap ones are often not absorbable, and absorbtion is what counts. You should not buy hard tablets as they are almost never totally absorbed. If you have a hard tablet multi at home now, put one in a clear glass with vinegar and see how much of it is disolved in 1/2 hr. That is the amt. you are probably absorbing and the rest is making expensive urine.
    You probably already know not to buy synthetic vit. E, as it is not absorbed well, and though it is much cheaper, you need at least 4 times as much and it still does not have all the other things in it that the natural E does.
    When it comes to Vit. C, less is more. Despite what you may have been told, you cannot absorb more than 160 mgs. daily, so don't waste your money on huge doses.
    I assume you are here because you have either CFS or FMS or both. I saw no mention of Magnesium in your post, which is a real necessity for us. ProHealth has Magnesium glycinate, which is by far the best form to take. Go to the store here and type in "Mag Plus" to find it.
    Happy shopping,
    Klutzo