Infected Insect Bites

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0808, Jul 16, 2013.

1. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I get really bad infections when I get any bites and am now on a course of A/B for a week.I have to take antihistamines and use steroid cream.
    And because of the pain and swelling in the leg(I thought my leg was going to burst!) I have to keep it elevated or it will not heal.
    I have suffered this for years now but never knew how to control it!
    This time it is worse than ever and I actually cannot walk with it!
    Anyone else suffer this????
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Is it cellulitis that you have in your leg? My brother got it last year and 4 days in the hospital because he leg burst open from the swelling. My BIL got it a few weeks ago......has cellulitis and has to meticulously clean himself twice a day and inspect for any bites, etc.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I get a reaction if I get stung by bees and wasps or bitten by spiders. The bite swells up and gets hellaciously itchy for about a week. Touch wood I haven't had any problems with mosquito or flea bites.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I am very sensitive to bug bites too. When I walk my dog in the evening I put on my "perfume". I use Tea Tree oil to keep the mosquitoes away. A little bit goes a long ways--I use 2 drops on a tissue and I rub that all over my legs & arms. I have gotten a few bites, but not nearly as bad as before.

When I have an itchy spot on my skin I use this anti-inch cream I bought at the dollar store. I think it has Benadryl in it and helps a lot. Sometimes I get all over itchy and then I use about a half of an allergy pill called Zrytec {comes over the counter in generic now too}

Good luck to you.

5. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

6. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

5 days after bite is finally starting to heal.
    I have been taking painkillers for it and using all the stuff doc gave me.So glad it is getting better!
    I will be aware now of what to take and try to keep the little beasties away!!!!!