Infected Insect Bites

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by RENA0808, Jul 16, 2013.

1. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

Hi
    I get really bad infections when I get any bites and am now on a course of A/B for a week.I have to take antihistamines and use steroid cream.
    And because of the pain and swelling in the leg(I thought my leg was going to burst!) I have to keep it elevated or it will not heal.
    I have suffered this for years now but never knew how to control it!
    This time it is worse than ever and I actually cannot walk with it!
    Anyone else suffer this????
    Rena
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Is it cellulitis that you have in your leg? My brother got it last year and 4 days in the hospital because he leg burst open from the swelling. My BIL got it a few weeks ago......has cellulitis and has to meticulously clean himself twice a day and inspect for any bites, etc.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

I get a reaction if I get stung by bees and wasps or bitten by spiders. The bite swells up and gets hellaciously itchy for about a week. Touch wood I haven't had any problems with mosquito or flea bites.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I am very sensitive to bug bites too. When I walk my dog in the evening I put on my "perfume". I use Tea Tree oil to keep the mosquitoes away. A little bit goes a long ways--I use 2 drops on a tissue and I rub that all over my legs & arms. I have gotten a few bites, but not nearly as bad as before.

When I have an itchy spot on my skin I use this anti-inch cream I bought at the dollar store. I think it has Benadryl in it and helps a lot. Sometimes I get all over itchy and then I use about a half of an allergy pill called Zrytec {comes over the counter in generic now too}

Good luck to you.

Bead
  5. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

6. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

5 days after bite .........it is finally starting to heal.
    I have been taking painkillers for it and using all the stuff doc gave me.So glad it is getting better!
    I will be aware now of what to take and try to keep the little beasties away!!!!!