Infection disease doctor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jslady, Mar 5, 2003.

1. jslady

jslady New Member

I'm to see one next Tuesday and don't know what to expect. Should I make a list of questions,or symptoms? Will he do more tests? Should I take reports of past tests done to get me this far in dx? I have EBV and Parvo, but family doc wants me to see this doc for second opinion on fibro. I thought I should see my rhuemy for that opinion since she was the one who said I missed fibro by 3 tender points. Well, I think I've found them now. Hehe! So many questions, so little time. No wonder we get frustrated!! Any help will be appreciated. JsLady
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

She ran numerous test and found nothing....Boy was I relieved...LOL Some of the stuff she tested me for was a death sentence. Not that our FMS is any cake walk, but atleast I have my life! Best wishes, let us know what you find out.
  3. jslady

jslady New Member

The tests I had done are a year old now, so guess I will go thru the whole process again. MAybe he'll find something new that I can add for disability. Glad I have good ins right now. Thanks for your comments. Jslady
  4. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

and he did absolutely nothing for me. He listened well, I'll give him that much. I cried throughout the whole visit so I'm surprised he could even understand me. Basically he said he believes I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and there's nothing he can do since we don't know the cause or have the cure for it yet. Then I really cried, he was kinda my last hope.....and we already knew I had chronic fatigue, I guess I was just expecting him to do some off the wall tests, more specific viral, bacterial and fungal testing or something.

But I did get him to do a HHV-6 test which came out positive but he did the wrong one, he did the one that shows past infection, not present infection......I give up.