Infectious Disease Doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cowlady, Mar 18, 2003.

1. cowlady

cowlady Member

Get this - my dr. insists that I see an Infectious Doc. I have had Fibro then Mono. Can't get rid of this fever. It will be 3 weeks before one of the doctor's can see me.

Have you ever ever dealt w/ this?
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I had mono in late july of last year. I went to the ER twice with it the first time the answer I got was I DUNNO lol well I went home and two days later went back. The doctor gave me a shot of steroids and by the next day my throat was better, I had energy I had not felt in years but you have to be carful because when you have mono your spleen swells and can rupture easy if you get hit in the stomach or fall or anything like that, anything that an impact. Get to a doctor that will give you this shot because I thought I was going to die and after I got it I felt like a new person. You have to rest for at least 6 weeks so your body can heal, and you can relapse as well if you dont get plenty of sleep. I hope that you get better soon but I wouldnt wait any longer go to the ER if you have to and get the shot and the proper meds you need to get better because it can get worse if you wait. Also they can treat the fever better to at the hospital most doc. offices dont have these kinds of meds in stock. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

hugs,
    Jeanna