Infertility and FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by survive, Aug 19, 2003.

1. survive

survive New Member

Any one had an issue with Infertility and FM?
  2. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

I have CFS and FM, but the CFS is the MAIN problem. I have had infertility for 4 years. I was also diagnosed with PCOS about 18 months ago, which according to some stuff I've read, seems more common in conjunction with CFS or FM.

Of course, PCOS is also diabetes related and I have been diagnosed as diabetic. However, it was reverted to impaired glucose intolerance a few months later. So, I am not sure now.

There is a group on yahoo called something like fmscfsandpregnancy. You might find some good advice there.

3. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

While I was having children (or trying to) my FM symptoms were very mild compared to now, but I had infertility problems. I lost four babies early on before I finally had my first child. We didn't use birth control for years, yet I seemed to get pregnant only about once a year. I wondered if I would ever have children, but just as I was about to give up, I had my first at age 30 and my second at age 32. They're the best thing that ever happened to me! You never know what will happen, but I've often heard that when people quit trying, it finally happens.
  4. Myth

Myth New Member

I have been trying for two years and a few months and no luck as of yet. Of course, I do not know the problem yet and it may not even be me. It is a problem that really fustrates me and I hope it is not linked to FMS at all, quite frankly I am sick of all the things FMS causes in my body and prevents me from doing in my life.
    Myth
  5. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

Sorry my post is late, but my pc took a crap. I have FM and tried for years to have a baby. I say tried to have a baby because I could get pg. but would miscarry. We finally ended up adopting and it was the most wonderful time of our lives. People used to tell us how lucky the children were, but truth be told, WE were the lucky ones. Makes you kind of wonder if these DD's have anything to do with it??

Regards'

Ellen
  6. lovenmyliltoad

lovenmyliltoad New Member

I wonder if it is actually a link? It took me 3 years to concieve my son and when i finally gave up on the meds/ stopped trying we concieved!

[ advertisement ]