Inflamation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DoloresAnn, Oct 10, 2006.

1. DoloresAnn

DoloresAnn New Member

Would anyone be able to tell me if they are troubled by inflamation in the intestinal area caused by FMS? I have gone through testing and told that I do have diverticulosis, but is was nothing that should cause the discomfort I am experiencing. My primary care physicain thinks it may be caused by the FMS. Some days are better than others. I am taking Aloe Vera and probiotics. Thanks
    Dolores
  2. 1faith

1faith New Member

major inflammation in the gut! I don't think I've ever told anyone-but when it gets really bad I'll feel like my intestines are swollen and on fire inside. Then of course the IBS (constipation) will hit-I'm assuming the constipation is from the inflammation-which just makes it worse. With the IBS flare-up is the bloat, gas, spasms, etc. I have found all the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs make my gut worse. I've always wondered if oral steroids would decrease the gut (intestine) swelling, but I've never tried them.
  3. DoloresAnn

DoloresAnn New Member

Thank you for your reply. I was starting to think I was really going crazy. I was starting to get so depressed because the doctor wasn't giving me any real answers to my questions. Part of the problem, I believe is that some doctors don't really know how to treat FMS patients.
  4. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi, I take glutathione, vitamin E, cod liver oil, wild fish oils & greens plus.They all help with inflammation. The author Sami Gracie has written a great book on what to eat and what supplements help with inflammation and other ailments.