Info. On BioFreeze and O24 Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FibroPainSufferer, Feb 4, 2007.

1. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

Just wanted to pass on this information for anyone who suffers like I do:

BioFreeze is only a little cold when it goes on but it doesn't really feel cold after having it on, it’s hard to explain the feel but it helps!!! And it’s a roll on so it’s easy to apply. The main ingredient is Natural Menthol USP.

The best thing I’ve found when it comes to muscle rubs is the O24, that stuff really helps me but the only problem is the strong smell. The O24 is good if you don’t have to go out in public.

Here’s some info for anyone who wants to try them:

[This Message was Edited on 02/04/2007]
  2. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I use it. I like it as a massage aid. I also use an Arnica gel.
  3. FibroPainSufferer

What is Arnica Gel & is there a certain brand you would recommend?
  4. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

my doc just recommended this...and my friend said she has a sample from her massage therapist. I'll give it a shot. :)
  5. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

There can be many brands that sell Arnica. The one I get is called Arniflora Arnica Gel. It is made by Boericke & Tafel. I've gotten it at Vitamin World. It is supposed to be for pain, swelling, and stiffness. I don't really use it for pain since that is not really my main problem. I have CFS. I use it as a massage aid. I regularly massage my neck and shoulders. Not to be misunderstood, I do have pain, but the pain is inconsequential to me.

Capsaicin which is a creme that has hot peppers in it is specially for arthritis and probably would be helpful for fibro pain. It is now an over-the-counter product. Years ago a rheumatologist had recommended capsaicin to me; at that time it was only prescription. Capsaicin has helped my knee arthritis pain when it got bad.
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

It works good when I go for physical therapy. Not an overpowering odor either.

However, 024 was so cold and obnoxious, I couldn't get rid of it for 2 days. I was so cold I had to soak in the hot tub when I used it on my upper back. I mean cold to the core, shaking and shiviering! Nasty stuff!
    Mini
  7. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

I take biofreeze when i get real achy,it seeks to work i have the roll on and the spray
    i like the spray better
    Bernadette
  8. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I like the tube. I could never get enough on using the roll on.
  9. FibroPainSufferer

I’ll give anything a chance in the hopes that it will help my pain.

I have to mention that in my first posted I listed how you could find BioFreeze & O24. Tonight I had an email from ProHealth stating “There is to be no posting of other websites. Please keep in mind that this site also sells supplements and other products such as 024. Should you continue to disregard said rules you may lose the right to use this site”

I just want to apologize! My intentions were not to upset anyone instead I wanted to share what has worked for me & how to find it. There have been many times that I’ve read about products, supplements, vitamins, etc...that have worked for others but then when I go onto the internet to look for it, I either can’t find it or there are so many to chose from that I don’t know which will work the best.

I thought the “listing of websites” refereed to people who were trying to sell products to us. So I truly apologize, my intentions were to help others who suffer with chronic pain like I do.

I would literally be devastated if I could not use this website!!! It’s the only place I can go to talk to people who truly understand what I live with. I also feel like I’ve made some great & caring friends here!!!