info on epsom salt & peroxide baths . . . WOW!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lolee, Dec 29, 2005.

1. lolee

lolee New Member

Did a search and you would NOT BELIEVE what turned up!!

The recipe is a little more concentrated - think I'll try the one mentioned in "our" threads first, but this made a lot of sense to me!!

Give me your thoughts.................

"Epsom Salt BathsEpsom salt baths provide a broad spectrum cleanser, clearing lymphatic congestion, removing some heavy metals (mercury, lead, aluminum, arsenic), and eliminating residual radiation from medical tests (x-rays or CAT scans), computer monitors and televisions, and UV exposure from frequent air travel. It is also helpful for chemical exposure - automobile exhaust, solvents, formaldehyde, glues, styrofoam, synthetic perfumes, printer and copier toners, art supplies, printing inks, particle board, household cleaning items, as well as chemical residues in foods or from innoculations.9 Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) are a smooth muscle relaxant and will help with muscle strains and pain. It will induce profuse sweating. The high saline concentration makes the bathwater more dense than the body’s interstitial fluids. Consequently, osmotic pressure pulls toxin-laden fluids out of the body.This bath should be taken as hot as is tolerable, for 12-15 minutes. 1-4 pounds of Epsom salts in a full bathtub is recommended (the more salt, the more perspiration). Acupuncturist and health educator Irene Newmark suggests 2 pounds as a maintenance bath, for clearing lymphatics and the energetic body, and 4 pounds for radiation. Former AOBTA-President Carl Dubitsky recommended a much higher concentration – 12-16 pounds for the first detox bath and 8-12 pounds for subsequent baths. One every three days is the maximum frequency, as this bath can have a draining effect.Stuart L. Weg, M.D, Chairman of the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Bergen Regional Medical Center, Paramus, NJ., recommends for inflammatory rheumatic diseases oxidizing epsom salt baths using peroxide. Of all the ways to oxygenate the body we've researched this looks the easiest - and cheapest! It can't do any harm to those of us who don't have inflammatory diseases. Here is his recipe:peroxide baths: Mix 3-4, 16 oz. common brown bottles of 3% peroxide in a hot water bath with 2 cups of Epsom salt. Soak for 30 minutes. Do this at least 1 to 3 times per week (no vitamins should be taken 4-8 hours before bath). Sources:Nature's Seven Doctor's, Kerschner, ;
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Since Christmas giving is catching up with us, I am looking for cheap detox methods...and this sounds like a good one! Not going to hurt either! Thanks for the info....Terri
    p.s. Happy New Year!
  3. ksc

ksc New Member

it works great! you might want to do one just befor bed. i've had times when my husband had to help me to bed because they drain me so bad(good bad). they really do help. have been using them for about 3 yrs now.
    kathy
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Do you know why we should not take our vitamins? I take these baths every other night and have been taking some of my vitamins at dinner. I would love to know the answer if you know.
  5. lolee

lolee New Member

I'll have to look up regarding vitamins . . . .I never take mine at night because sometimes they "pep" me up . . . .tried this bath last night I was totally amazed! I couldn't stop talking to my BF about it!! He's going to try it this weekend as he has a lot oh muscle pain/soreness!

My calf muscles are so sore that I cannot even touch them, full of knots! After this bath my pain was GONE!!! I will be doing this I think at least twice a week, maybe once with peroxide and once with just epsom!!!

I post re:vitamins if I find anything!

Lolee
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have always used more epsom salts than recommended - it does not hurt you and such a natural remedy. Epsom salts is really inexpensive at Costco store. A huge container is around $2.00.
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks Lolee! I take the non energizing vitamins at dinner & the other in the morning & lunch. I hope I haven't been canceling out those minerals & vitamins. They cost too much to waste them.

Susan
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

This sounds great-I have heard of this and I am going to give it a try.

As to not taking vitamins-they have the metals your body needs. Seems to me it would not be a good idea to put something in your body that you are atempting to take out-and it would be pointless to take vitamins if they are going to be withdraw it from your system-just my opinion. :)

Thanks,

kjfms
  9. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

I add 3 cups of the above along with the epsom salts. the peroxide restores oxygen in your body. The two combined release toxins from your body.

Make sure that you drink plenty of water after you take this bath.

10. lolee

lolee New Member

I used 1 whole bag for my bath, I would say that was probably 2-3 pounds.

Not to be gross, but we are amongst friends . . . . but I was pretty clean having had a shower that morning before going to work and I work in a an office, so . . . .anyway, the water was crystal clear when I got in and cloudy when I got out . . . . .?

This helped me more then ANY med I have ever taken . . .

Please try!!

Lolee
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Bumping for Danielle

Hugs,

Nancy B
  12. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Do you take a quick shower to wash the salt off after the bath?
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hope you are recovered after Tuesday's ordeal.
    I had my son do the bath but I didn't follow the exact amounts here. I did want him to shower afterwards (he wanted to get the salt off!) but some say to wait a little while.....maybe for the evaporation. I think we should try it again with these exact amounts.
  14. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Hi Terri - I am recovered from Tues. Whew! Thanks so much for asking.

Thanks for the info on the bath. I'm glad these posts get bumped periodically, because I always forget about epsom salt baths! I am such a shower person that I never think about baths.

I have done one or two and felt more relaxed. I just need to actually remember and then DO them! LOL! I think I will do the bath and then wait a bit to shower. I don't like the idea of all that salt on my bod.

Did your son feel any good effects from the bath?
  15. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

I often take epsom salt baths, but have not taken them with peroxide.

I am curious to hear from others that have used the two. Does it help you detox and do you feel better from it? Is it safe for someone with CFIDS to do this bath?

Jennifer
  16. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

Been doing these for years...great in cold winter aches and cold pains. I have CfS anh heard about it during metal detoxing. Adding Baking soda is more detxoing. My grandmother used Epsom salts for years for her feet (and I am 57).

It is important to shower after and scrub with a brush as tolerated. This removes the salt fromthe skin and removes the toxins from your skin.
  17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm still hoping that Danielle has a chance to see this. She's having more problems since the weather got colder.

And it is good timing too...

Hugs,

Nancy B
  18. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

19. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

what happens if you don't shower after? I've been taking epsom baths for years but have never showered after, or rinsed off. I've never heard it was necessary.

Does it keep the toxins in if you don't?

Raz
  20. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

I found that the salts help soften my skin...I pat myself dry and put on a good moisturizer...go to bed.

I don't know if it's best for detoxing, but it makes my skin nicer.