INFO ON LORAZEPAM MEDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by utvoldeb, Feb 23, 2006.

1. utvoldeb

utvoldeb New Member

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS MED'S I JUST STARTED TAKING THESE PILLS YESTERDAY, I NEED TO KNOW HAS ANY ONE HAD ANY BAD SIDE EFFECTS,CAN YOU GAIN WEIGHT ON THESE PILLS,I'M TAKING LORAZEPAM FOR INSOMNIA.
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am on it, I take it every night as I suffer BIG time from Insomnia altho it does not help me sleep thru the night at least it lets me sleep for 3 hrs, I have not had any side what so ever, I have not gained any weight either...but again every person is different. So keep me posted when you have been on it for a few days and let me know who things are going..Good luck and Sweet Dreams.
    Ann
  3. mariee

mariee Member

Hi there,
    I have been taking lorazapam at night for pain/sleep.
    I take 1/2 mg. each night. Daytime, 1/4 tab...weaning off the daytime.
    Any higher dose makes me too sleepy.
    No weight gain for me.
    Only drawback is weaning off. Just go slow if you ever decide to do that.
    It has helped me w. sleep for 5 years....I use to take 1 mg. but too strong.
    Hope that helps.
    Mariee
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

utoldeb:
    I used to be on that. It did not work for me, so the doctor gave me Ambien and also some Dalmane for the nights when the Ambien just will not get the job done. Usually I do not need the Dalmane, but it is so good to have it when needed since rest is so important for us.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have been taking 0.5 mg everynight for sleep for about 2 months. It has helped me tremendously and I haven't had any side effects.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Takes 3 0.5mg a day for many years. The only trouble he has had is that it peaks and troughs but that should not affect your sleep.

He has had no side effects at all from it and it calms him down. He sleeps well but he snores!!!

Good Luck. Some states it is narcotic(like NY) so he has to be tough to get it. Other states no problem. Strange. Been out for many many years.

Love Anne C
  7. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi,

I've been taking it for about 8 months for insomnia and anxiety disorder. It helps me in both areas. I've had no side effects at all. I take one 1mg. tablet before bed and within 30 minutes I'm very sleepy.

I hope it helps you also.

KittyCat
  8. utvoldeb

utvoldeb New Member

HI AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO, THE ONLY THING I,M FEELING NOW IS A LITTLE NAUSIATED BUT THAT COULD BE FROM STRESS. TAKE CARE, ALL.
  9. Bambi

Bambi New Member

medication. The pain doctor also told me it is a mild pain reliever and does help with making pain meds work
    better. I started it for panic attacks and it's worked very well for
    both that and with helping with the pain.
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

knocks me right to sleep.

Love Anne C plus I meant to clarify DH takes 0.5mg three times a day -looks like I wrote 30!!!! Sorry. Anne C