Info on SSD appl.New and old info or just new.FM only??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 17, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

When you fill out the application what medical do you use. Do I only put what affects the disability or do you put down everything. Like endometriosis and anything else from past. Thinking about filing now since it's gonna take so long.

Keke
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Put down all that your doctors take care of.They will be sending SSD copy's of your records.

So only put down what they have been treating you for.

FM CFS OA and depression if it is documented and you are being treated for.

Be honest .And don't just say I cant lift more than 10 lbs let them know what you cant lift and why( my wrist hurt or give way or my arm pain is so sever)Walking getting help to bath or getting dress if you need that help from time to time let the know.

If you cant cook they know you have to eat so let them know if someone else does it or if you need to buy frozen dinners and nuke them.

Hope I was a little help.
    Good Luck.

For Every Day A New Dawn Will Come.........Sue
  4. labrat

labrat New Member

When I filled out my SSD application for CFS, I listed my symptoms that affected my ability to work and anxiety and depression. I got approved because of the "mental imapairments" of anxiety and depression, and not the CFS, which they called somatoform disorder (another mental impairment!) or something like that.

If you have any psychological related conditions list them, even if your FM or CFS caused them. Many people say it's easier to get SSD for mental problems, than for CFS/FM. Good luck.
    Tracy