Info please about guafenasin (sp?)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deniset524, Jul 8, 2003.

1. deniset524

deniset524 New Member

I happened to meet a fellow FM sufferer who mentioned that she has had tremendous results taking guafenasin (sorry, I don't know the correct spelling)...does anyone else take this? Can you tell me about dosing, etc??? I am so angry that my doc has NOT MENTIONED anything about this!!! I looked up info on the web, and some stated that it was hard to find, was over the counter, but some stated it needed a script!!! Yikes!!! Any help - please!! Denise
  2. cindye

cindye New Member

My daughter is on guaifenisin - most doctors start at 600 mg twice a day and then if that doesn't work, increases it. There is a book by Dr. St. Amand which explains fibro real well and tells how guai works. It changed my daughter's life around. Along with the guai, she had chiro and massage therephy. After a couple of weeks she started to feel a little better then she felt REALLY bad for a week or so then started to feel better - there were ups and downs but it was worth it. She gets hers by prescrip - don't know if it is available otc or not. Good luck!