info request

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Jan 8, 2003.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

dose anyone have any info on breast implants and fibro?

thanks
    kara
  2. barn1253

barn1253 New Member

I have a friend who had breast implant in for three years.She started feeling fatigued,flu like symptoms,pain etc.To make a long story short implants had burst causeing the silicone poisoning and then it all led to fibromyalgia.She has had implants taken out for about a year and is feeling somewhat better.She still deals with pain fatigue brain fog all symptoms of fibromyalgia. I too have fibromyalgia makes me wonder if were all be poisoned??
    Good luck and take care.
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

the info is for hubbys aunt shes had the implates fixed 4 times and waiting for the 5th they now say she has fm so i wanted to send her so info on the implants and fm so maybe she will finally have them removed,
    thanks
    kara
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

But my cousin had implants and now has Lupus, they claimed the implants caused the Lupus. This is going back about 20 years, so don't know about the current kind.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

that implants could cause/contribute to FM or any illness, for that matter. As much as I would have loved to have been blessed with nice, voluptuous breasticals, the thought of having some foreign matter in my chest scares me to death. I think back to when I used to wear copper IUD's and wonder how healthy that was for me.